ID:260921

Looks good :)
Looks way better than before.
The new read/unread font colors are too similar. It's hard to differentiate between the two.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
The new read/unread font colors are too similar. It's hard to differentiate between the two.

Agreed. We'll update that. I'm sure there's a bunch of little stuff that we didn't get to in testing.
In response to Tom
Its great. However I feel the Fan system is slightly buggy.
In response to Signako
it looks better but i can't find a single damn game i'm looking for
In response to Kingstone99
Im sure theres gonna be tons of replies to this but it needs to get out so, honestly, I dont like it. Sure it's fancy and it's great the rips are all out, but there is a few things I'd like to address, and it's that it's completely and utterly incompitent to think that you can go and trust "BYOND members" to rank games as "Ripped" or "Not Ripped" and go by that, or even to just go and decide for yourselfs which is a rip and which isn't and just delete their hub. So just to point out, Im not going to go and support your bogus, money eating website and become a BYOND member for you to just 'consider' posting my game hub online along with your little "Rules and Requirements" for my game. Im sure everyone will disagree with this SOMEWAY because they all want to get on the admins "Good Side" and im sure that my one post isn't going to make much of a difference but, there you go, you asked, heres some feedback.
In response to MMJSmith
BYOND is a money-eating website indeed. It eats my money!

Rips are a bad thing. They are an unlawful use of another person's work. We will do our best to err on the side of leniency and only suppress games that we are certain are in violation. And even then, they are generally still accessible.

The initial categorization is not set in stone by any means. We had to seed the system and fully expect people to resubmit games that are misclassified (in fact, we automated the detection of "incomplete" anime games based off of information in the hub entry). Please give it a chance before panicking.
I think the Stats tab needs to be reformatted with an outline for the bar-graphs and numbers too. >.<

I looked at the stats for one of my resources and all I saw were bars representing download peaks/recessions with no relevant numerical data to accompany the table!
In response to Tom
I miss all the colors, but happy rips are gone.
I don't like it, I honestly can't find a single game with the search.
In response to MMJSmith
"So just to point out, Im not going to go and support your bogus, money eating website and become a BYOND member"

BYOND is in a hole and it dosen't eat our money. We choose to become BYOND Members because it helps us stand out and well we might even feel better about ourselves at the end of the day. I encourage anyone whom supports BYOND to do so.

"They all want to get on the admins "Good Side"

I doubt the BYOND Staff would get upset over feedback. Feedback is feedback.

"completely and utterly incompitent to think that you can go and trust "BYOND members" to rank games as "Ripped" or "Not Ripped"

Do you have a better idea to imply? I'm sure Tom and the rest of the staff had to think this thoroughly before they finalized it.
In response to Tom
Alright. And I wasn't in anyway trying to be mean or angry about this, I was simply stating my opinion. Thank You for being so rational and calm about my mis-communication Tom, after all this is a forum, a very easy way to mis-judge what a person is trying to get at.
In response to Kingstone99
Kingstone99 wrote:
"BYOND is in a hole and it dosen't eat our money. We choose to become BYOND Members because it helps us stand out and well we might even feel better about ourselves at the end of the day. I encourage anyone whom supports BYOND to do so."

BYOND.com is addicting, and because most of the "Regular" Players do not have half as many options as BYOND members do, they go and spend money, and more money, and more until they have none left. You may say yes, it's their option, but I was saying how BYOND.com eats our money, not how poor peoples decision making skills are.

"I doubt the BYOND Staff would get upset over feedback. Feedback is feedback."

I highly doubt that people understand the fact that BYOND admins, with as much power as to ban or suspend them, wouldn't use that power if they were out of line. I am not saying they would, Im saying that alot of people would not acknowledge the fact that they wouldn't.

"Do you have a better idea to imply? I'm sure Tom and the rest of the staff had to think this thoroughly before they finalized it."

I am sure that "Tom and the rest of the staff" were sure to take precausionary measures, but they're only human, and since they are only human, their decisions aren't going to always be right. They chose to "seed" out games as "unfinished animes" by their hub information, and "expect" people to re-enter their game hubs, as tom stated. What I've read on my hub options was that only a BYOND member could check off the option there so it could be submitted for the staff to view, so if that is inaccurate maybe you should re-write that more accuratly to state what it really means because here I am being told that players are ment to re-enter their game hubs, yet on the hub itself it says only BYOND members can, how exactly is that not a money eating opperation.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
BYOND is a money-eating website indeed. It eats my money!

Okay, I lol'd.
In response to Gaara121
Honestly, if you ask me. I don't like the site look. It should be changed. :/
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Agreed. We'll update that. I'm sure there's a bunch of little stuff that we didn't get to in testing.

I find the blue links to be too dark. It's semi uncomfortable to read on a pure white background. I'd suggest sticking with the age old classic #0000FF for blue on white links.
In response to Tom
I have a question about hubs. In the past I made 2 keys. One for the games that I created and one for playing games on. The one I am using now, is the one that I tend to play games on. This is also my membership key. If I used the other key more often then I would be more willing to buy it a membership as well, but as it stands the majority of my usage is on this particular key.

Is there some kind of way, or will there be some kind of way to be able to link member keys with another set of keys. I ask this because yes, I can just make a hub using my member key. But if I as a member had the ability to link to another of my keys, (possibly limit that to only one key, and also limit the member usage to only hub related settings) Then that wont be an issue, and I could still use my member key to submit my game as well as use my member benefits to edit my hub.

This is again, just a suggestion and something to think about. I understand that if we could just link to any or a bunch of keys them memberships would become useless. However, I think that perhaps you might even profit from this as well. In the long run you could make a special member bonus where they can attach one BYOND member key to another key of there choice (of course were the benefits of this key only worked on the site itself, not on games, so that key could submit games or edit that keys hubs using member benefits) for a cost. Not 18 dollars of course since it won't give you ALL BYOND member benefits. But maybe like 5 or 10 dollars to add another key? O_o... Just a though.

Either way it might just bring in some extra cash to BYOND. If not I will just use my member key to remake my hub. No big deal. Just thought I would suggest it.
I am really enjoying the new site. I am not so much a fan of the colors though. It is REALLY bright. Like hurts your eyes after a while bright... I hope that can be fixed in some future update as well. But other wise all seems to be going well. =] I like how the listings are set up now.
Very good. Head menu too wide (should match the centred page in width), non-featured hubs too white, but otherwise very good.
Page: 1 2 3