ID:259211

I am behind a proxy now, and I don't know how to configure it so Byond works. Is there a way to do it?

/Andreas
On 9/5/00 2:37 pm Gazoot. wrote:
I am behind a proxy now, and I don't know how to configure it so Byond works. Is there a way to do it?

Not currently, since BYOND is run on open ports. You should still be able to run in LOCAL (singleplayer) mode, though. I think proxies are on Dan's list.
In response to Tom H.
On 9/5/00 2:58 pm Tom H. wrote:
Not currently, since BYOND is run on open ports. You should still be able to run in LOCAL (singleplayer) mode, though. I think proxies are on Dan's list.

Thanks for the info. Online, Byond is very slow for me (56k modem from Sweden...) so I'm fine for the time being.

/Andreas
In response to Gazoot
Thanks for the info. Online, Byond is very slow for me (56k modem from Sweden...) so I'm fine for the time being.

Hmm... the slowness you're noticing might just be due to the fact that BYOND worlds are currently running at low priority on a busy server -- though that's just a guess. (And depending on the time difference, it may be that when you log in during an "off-peak" period in Sweden, the server in the US is actually going through its heaviest usage.)

In the last couple days I've been testing a semi-action-oriented BYOND application that sends a non-stop stream of info to the client (in my case, through a 56k modem), and it runs without a hitch.

At any rate, I'm glad it's not a problem for now! :)
In response to Guy T.
Hmm... the slowness you're noticing might just be due to the fact that BYOND worlds are currently running at low priority on a busy server -- though that's just a guess. (And depending on the time difference, it may be that when you log in during an "off-peak" period in Sweden, the server in the US is actually going through its heaviest usage.)

Well, Sweden is GMT +1:00. The server is GMT -8:00. That means, to be at the best time, he'd have to go on the server at around 11:00 AM his time. Most (though not all) North American BYOND users are asleep at 2:00 AM. =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/6/00 1:06 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Well, Sweden is GMT +1:00. The server is GMT -8:00. That means, to be at the best time, he'd have to go on the server at around 11:00 AM his time. Most (though not all) North American BYOND users are asleep at 2:00 AM. =)

I'll try that, though online games has always been slow for me. I haven't been able to play my golf game on the server, it's so slow. I'll have to wait for the Cable...

/Andreas