ID:260513

I think it'd be nice for Dream Maker if you could set some bookmarks to jump to specific areas of the code. They wouldn't be compiled or transfered, merely something that'd exist on the computer of the person who sets them.

They would refer to the file and line number where they were set, and it might be possible for them to be given names when set.

Anyways, I don't know if this is possible or if it has been suggested before, but I think it would help make things more convienient for coders.
I second this. Bookmarking parts of code could be very useful, and I can see myself using it. Perhaps they could be implemented as a commented identifier to denote a bookmark.
In response to Unknown Person
Well, as it is there's always the workaround that has never had problems.

////*** Insert Some Whitty Comment Here That is Unique And Can Be Used As A Bookmark When Using Ctrl+F***/
In response to Feenux
I use that for codes I'm working on, Just a simple sentance not used alot "Finish this wench". Yes I call myself a wench xD
In response to Vegetassj9
I suppose that would work, though it's not as elegant :P
In response to Feenux
My favourite keyword: "TODO". I also use "UNDECIDED" and "ISSUE". "REDACTED" is used for any code which I've commented out but may want to revisit in the future.

I can just type "TODO" in the Advanced Search and do a Find All (with "All files" selected). Then I double-click on the line that says what I want and bam, I have my bookmark.
In response to Feenux
Feenux wrote:
Well, as it is there's always the workaround that has never had problems.

////*** Insert Some Whitty Comment Here That is Unique And Can Be Used As A Bookmark When Using Ctrl+F***/

The problem is that you can't easily find out what witty comments you label in your code, and you could probably forget it.

I've been using a method similar to Jtgibson's TODO tagging, but it'd be nice to have in some drop-down menu to see all tags made in the environment.