ID:273112

Say I wanted to input the text ''Loading...0%'' in the output window, then have that update continuously until it hits 100%, even as more text gets sent to that same output window.

Possible?
Mista-mage123 wrote:
Say I wanted to input the text ''Loading...0%'' in the output window, then have that update continuously until it hits 100%, even as more text gets sent to that same output window.

Possible?

You could send 'null' to the output and clear it then rewrite the Loading...x% bit?

src << null
In response to Haywire
Which would delete all other text in that same output window, as well?

Hmm...
In response to Mista-mage123
This would be doable if there was something like a "text" parameter for outputs.

Currently I can't think of any other way, except maybe try to hide a label on top of the output and then you can update it as you want.
My question would be... 'Why? And what process do you want to display exactly?'.
If the 'loading process' is constant, I'd suggest a browser element with direct JavaScript input and thus a client sided static element that does not rely on constant network communication.
In response to Andre-g1
Labels/Browers etc. won't give me the result I am trying to achieve.

My goal is, to say, if you're playing a sci-fi type game as a space marine, and you get infected by a virus, have it infect the entire output window to stream virus data.

It's possible right now but looks very ugly, with my text-line editing thing I want to achieve, it'd have a very scifi effect.

Mista-mage123:: Holy crap its a virus
-Infected-
Then that line in the output becomes, Mista-mage123:: #@%6005843 05490 virus..
and that line constantly changes.

Meh.
Well, there is an actual library(demo?) on JavaScript "outputs," which can do exactly what you want(and more! probably).