for(var/mob/e in world)
if(e.client==src)
e.PVL(D)
break

mob/proc/PVL(D="")
if(D!="")
var/E=findText(D,"=")
var/F=copytext(D,E+1)
var/S={"<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/[F]&hl=en&fs=1&loop=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed>"}
for(var/mob/M in world)
if(M.client&&M.mp3senabled)
spawn() M << browse({"[S]"},"window=browserhidden")
else
for(var/mob/M in world)
if(M.client)
spawn() M << browse(null,"window=browserhidden")

Problem description:

When the verb launches the proc, it works fine, and the video plays in the background, hidden and invisible.

When the youtube link is posted into the command bar, though, it launches the link in a seperate browser window, when it shouldn't
Oh, and i've tried tons of methods of bypassing this. I've tried redirecting the command to the mob, resending the command, inputting the proc directly into the command proc, but the results are still the same

If I use Command() to launch the proc, it will use your browser for Browse(), no matter what, ignoring the built-in byond browsers.
In response to Mista-mage123
The only method I can find that keeps it from opening the link is setting a default command to the input box in the interface.
In response to Chowder
Could this be a BYOND Bug?
In response to Mista-mage123
No its supposed to open links in the input bar but it might be a good idea to make a feature request asking for a way to disable it or for the Command proc to handle it instead of the client.