ID:278296

Every time I play a game, I'm able to o things for a good 5 minutes, then all hell breaks loose and the server freezes for me and then connection fails. This problem started yesterday. I'm not sure at all why it happens but it does...Can anyone help me out with this?

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 462.1057)
Logging in...connected
Logged in as Child Prodigy.
Connecting to byond://tubutas.gotdns.com:3389/...connected
Setting network delay to 0.
Setting network delay to 3.
Setting network delay to 2.
Setting network delay to 1.
Setting network delay to 2.
Setting network delay to 1.
Does this only happen on a specific server, or is it a rather global problem? Some more information on your system might come in handy as well.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
When I try to move around on all games, it's quite laggy, I've experienced the connection failing on 2 servers only though(two different games).
In response to Child Prodigy
As you have not provided any information on your system/computer, diagnosing the issue is impossible.
When you ping the server (not through BYOND), what results are you facing?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Edited
You are supposed to ping a specific server, as the help for ping suggested to you. Join one of the BYOND servers, read the IP, then ping it and check for results.
Child Prodigy wrote:
Edited

Windows Vista Home Basic

And the computer is Inspiron 531

Logging in...connected
Connecting to byond://72.188.249.175:2238...connected
Round trip ping-pong took 0.057 seconds.

Logging in...connected
Connecting to byond://66.197.166.68:5255...connected
Round trip ping-pong took 0.32 seconds.

Round trip ping-pong took 0.31 seconds. <---Hozordhu
Round trip ping-pong took 0.67 seconds. <---Bleach Las Noches
Future posts of this type really belong in the BYOND Help forums.

I would suggest your Internet connection is the first place to look, if this is happening in many games. It could be a function of which games you're playing, but if you're experiencing dropped connections that's usually at your system's end. If you're using a wireless router, I'd suggest making sure your signal strength is good and that it stays steady; I've always found them to be incredibly flaky.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Well, my ISP came today to check out the problem, he changed the modem(I got a new one now) and the problem still carries on...The thing about it is, I don't get signed out of MSN/AIM...Instead I just get kicked off the server constantly due to my connection failing. Any advice?