ID:280093

Redundant
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
The pager is currently capable of sending popup balloons to its users, but does this rarely.

Messages about friends logging in (not out), friends playing/joining games, and about replies to forum posts should be displayed in such balloons (with an option to toggle them). Clicking on said balloons should react intelligently: Clicking on a forum response alert should open the link to that response. Clicking on a friend's log in alert should begin an intuitive chat with that user.
If I'm not mistaken, the pager currently only pops up to alert you that new games are online, and I don't believe clicking on these popups does anything intuitive?

* Steam provides an excellent example for game distribution mediums.
It does for when players are online, when games are live, and when players are hosting any game, all of which are able to be toggled.

However I still think that intelligent click features would be a good idea. I would prefer to click on a user name alert and have a chat pop up or click a forum post alert and have it send to the forum post.
In response to Iobject
Iobject wrote:
It does for when players are online
Does it? Maybe I just haven't noticed because I have no friends on my pager =P

when games are live, and when players are hosting any game, all of which are able to be toggled.
I mentioned this above. What happens if you click on one of these popups?
In response to Falacy
It just opens the pager.

As I said earlier, I agree with clicking on them and having it auto-run the game you click or auto-chat the person you click.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)

The new pager no longer has much of this behavior at all.