Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
ID:287861

Heres the tier list for playing a Solo game. Feel free to make suggestions. Note: This is not my opinion, these are the community opinions from previous debates.

Tier 3
Warlord
Royal Knight
Berserker
Warlock
Rogue
Monk
Dark Lancer
Ninja
Hero
Sorcerer
Crusader
Conjurer
Gypsy
Minstrel
Vampire
High Priest
Sage
Templar
Dervish
Necromancer

Tier 2(With Sub)
Nomad
Barbarian
Dark Knight
Paladin
Druid
Dragoon
Pirate
Cleric
Bard
Wizard

Tier 2(Without Sub)
Barbarian
Dark Knight
Paladin
Druid
Dragoon
Pirate
Nomad
Cleric
Bard
Wizard

Tier 1
Archer
Acolyte
Knight
Mage

Tier 0
Orc
Hero(Regressia)
Adventurer(BYOND Member)
Adventurer
Tier 9001 (That's over 9000!)
Archer
In response to Lugia319
Meh, ill just move it up a tier since everyone is complaining about it
Um...

Vampire second to last on tier 3? I don't think so... It's easily one of the better classes for soloing. But, this is really an opinion, so meh.
My list. Keep in mind that I generally prefer melee over ranged, but I also acknowledge the important role ranged attacks have in avoiding damage.

Tier 3:
  • Warlord - Too easy. Strong Melee, Strong ranged attack, high health.
  • Templar - Melee and heals
  • Vampire - Can attack from protected areas of map
  • Royal Knight - So much damage. So much health!
  • Berserker - Mana shield derp
  • High Priest - So much healing. Lots of room for error in play.
  • Sage - Seferiel once solo'd ninjaland and nearly killed Shogun as Sage
  • Dark Lancer - Lance Melee + Ranged spells
  • Crusader - Lance melee + Axe. No ranged attacks or spells
  • Monk - Heals and speed. And pushes.
  • Hero - Ranged spell and heals
  • Rogue - Ranged attack. Speed. Limited in terms of types of damage (Almost worthless on Hell at high waves)
  • Ninja - Fast. Very capable in the hands of a skilled player, but challenging to use to its full potential.
  • Minstrel - Speed, Ranged attacks, and a host of defensive spells.
  • Gypsy - Speed, Ranged attacks, and a host of defensive spells.
  • Dervish - Speed and cleaving melee, but vulnerable with less-than effective spells besides his heal.
  • Warlock - Steel sword and shield with ranged spells. Can be vulnerable when played poorly.
  • Sorceror - Amazing damage output but very vulnerable.
  • Necromancer - Not much damage output, but meatshield skeletons help a little. Very incapable of dealing with large crowds of monsters.
  • Conjurer - Similar to Necromancer: Summons can help somewhat defensively, but very incapable of damage output at higher waves.

Tier 2:
  • Nomad - Not too challenging to play, but in the hands of a master (like myself. ;] ), Nomad can be better than many Tier 3s.
  • Paladin - Melee, health, and healing. No reason why this class isn't a good solo.
  • Druid - Caster healer. Pretty good
  • Bard - Speed + Ranged Attack + Invincibility spell. Invincibility is crucial in soloing with Bard.
  • Pirate - Commonly misused. Mostly good for a cleaving melee and ranged attack. The bomb is mostly worthless for damage output.
  • Dark Knight - Somehow I feel the ranged spell that the DK gets is somewhat limited.
  • Dragoon - Lance and axe! An all around good melee.
  • Barbarian - Only Axe, but tons of health. Very vulnerable to fast moving enemies and projectiles.
  • Wizard - Too dependent on aura. Too easy to burn aura on fire-circle spell and then be able to do nothing but run away.
  • Cleric - Not so much health, and not enough healing ability to make up for it.

Tier 1:
  • Knight - Health and sword!
  • Ranger - Arrows and speed help a lot with keeping range.
  • Cleric - Heals go a long way at low tiers
  • Mage - Too dependent on aura to be able to dish out much damage. Almost no defensive capability.

Tier 0:
  • Hero (Regressia) - More or less a knight with 1 aura for healing.
  • Adventurer (BYOND Member) - Heals go a long way at low tiers. Shields too.
  • Orc (Hazordhu) - No heals, but fire arrows and axe.
  • Adventurer - Worthless.

Customs: (I'm not going to give my reasoning for these because Kai and Jamckell will rage at me)
  • Ael (Kai)
  • IainPeregrine (IainPeregrine)
  • Santa Calus (Calus CoRPS)
  • Electromancer (D4RK3 54B3R)
  • Monk (Sonder)
  • Geomancer (Dooney1)
  • BladesMaster (Joram)
  • Ogre (FOlak) - So much AoE!
  • Falconer (D4RK3 54B3R)
  • Afroken (Jamckell)
  • Totoro (???) - I haven't seen enough of Totoro to be able to evaluate this

In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Customs: (I'm not going to give my reasoning for these because Kai and Jamckell will rage at me)
  • Ael (Kai)
  • IainPeregrine (IainPeregrine)

• There is no justifying putting my custom in number two :P
    All three of my skills are only used to heal other people, I cannot heal myself at all. This is a solo list, after all. So I'm basically like adventurer (1 speed, wood sword) that can move on water. Unless you're talking about the current bugged out version of my character where the heal skill does work on myself, but, as a I said, that's a temporary bug.

As for the other tiers, I like to see how other people view the classes. I feel that you're forgetting the Dark Knight and Lancer's best aspect, and that's their invulnerability skill. Like the bard, they can escape a bad situation that would be a hopeless death for other classes. This is crucial when soloing high waves, especially castle and bosses. Also, I'm surprised to see you list pirate so low, and you don't even mention the "ARR!" skill. Pirate is easily better than half the tier3 classes in the hands of a master. I sometimes consider pirate the best solo class.
In response to IainPeregrine
It's much more difficult to utilize the DK/DL invincibility spell because of their lower movement speed, compared to Bard/Minstrel/Gypsy. I think their low movement speed makes their invincibility spell to be more or less useless offensively (You can't do Seferiel's suicide charge as DK or DL). But they move just fast enough to pop the invincibility and get out from being surrounded, I believe.

Getting surrounded while soloing is the last thing you should let happen though, so ideally the one situation you would use the invincibility spell doesn't come up.

And I haven't played Pirate long enough to have mastered his invincibility spell either. I don't think anyone has? I've only heard of one person ever using it particularly well.
This is what my list would look like. I'm not going to speculate on customs cause its moot you won't get to use them all unless your Iain/Cauti0n.

Tier 3
Rogue
Sage
Hero
Dark Lancer
Warlord
Royal Knight
Berserker
Warlock
Sorceror
Gypsy
Minstrel
Necromancer
Templar
Dervish
Monk
Ninja
Vampire
Crusader
Conjurer
High Priest

Tier 2
Barbarian
Dark Knight
Pirate
Dragoon
Bard
Druid
Paladin
Nomad
Wizard
Cleric

Tier 1
Archer
Knight
Mage
Acolyte

Tier 0
Orc
Hero(Regressia)
Adventurer(BYOND Member)
Adventurer
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
I think dark has the most accurate tier list,except the tier 0 depends on the person.
I'm surprised nobody's put Pirate at the top tier in a solo game, even possibly in competition with the tier 3 classes. I used to think Bard or DK (still my fave classes) were the best Tier 2s in a solo, but I've since been proven wrong when I tried a Pirate.

Pirate's got low HP and low damage output. Bombs are garbage and it's pretty much suicidal to be using them. You either get dangerously close to the enemy or you hurt yourself with them, and the damage is abysmal for such a high risk weapon. So what's the benefit of a Pirate? His ability to make himself invulnerable at will by using ARR!.

On a full aura stock, ARR! takes only 1/2 a bar. While the invulnerability is short, the Pirate can chain together a second ARR! right before the first wears off to get more than enough invulnerability time to run through a spider web or group of enemies thanks to a Pirate's fast movement speed. You can even use it as a pseudo-shield to block projectiles aimed at your allies if need be. One of the reasons bombs suck is because they eat up your entire aura, which should always be saved for avoiding damage, as it's one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

Late game, enemies do absurd amounts of damage. In a solo, a bard's shielding recharges too slowly to help in an open map without any cover against fast enemies like ninjas. A pirate's aura stock on the other hand recharges ridiculously fast where you'll have a full aura stock a second or two after using two ARRs!. Combine that with a bow that lets you attack at a safe distance and a decent wooden sabre to hit enemies diagonally if need be (stick with the bow and arrows when you can) and you have a very hard to kill class that can constantly dodge attacks via invulnerability. Surrounded by enemies? Invuln and charge through them to safety. And you can do this over and over with the insanely fast aura recharge.

Bombs do serve one purpose though: they're effective at killing the giant demons who are immune to arrows. Kill off the rest of the enemies, wait for them to warp, and lay a bomb. Running up and slashing them between attacks is also possible, but riskier. For everything else, if you can you should keep your distance and hit 'em with arrows.

Really, the limit to a Pirate is all player skill and having a non-laggy server. Learning to time your ARR! to avoid damage is the difference between Pirates being a lackluster upgrade to archer or Pirates being nigh-unkillable gods on the battlefield.