Monster Kingdom

by Falacy
MKO offers a Pokemon inspired adventure, set in a traditional fantasy world.
ID:292495

Post any error or bugs you have here, it helps keep the forum tidy.

The game continually crashes on me and I've noticed it resets my monsters stats but not their level or experience. My level 15 Mimic had a drastic drop in stats, I can no longer kill or barely even hurt monsters at his level, also his HP went from 40 to 20.

Sleep never seems to end. I got put to sleep in the first move and I was asleep until I died and lost the battle.

<small>SupaKoopa wrote:
The game continually crashes on me</small>
Try clearing your BYOND cache through the pager, I think the external resource system that BYOND provides is broken, but I was attempting to use it again.

<small>> I've noticed it resets my monsters stats but not their level or experience.</small>
Is this only after your game crashes? Even then, it shouldn't be a problem... Stats should only change when you gain a level, and they should never go down.

<small>> Sleep never seems to end. I got put to sleep in the first move and I was asleep until I died and lost the battle.</small>
Sleep should last a random amount between 1 and 4 turns I believe. It shouldn't be re-applicable, so if you get hit with sleep while already asleep, it shouldn't delay your waking up. It was working when I last tested it, but that was a while ago, and things could have changed.
In response to Falacy
<small>Falacy wrote:
SupaKoopa wrote:
The game continually crashes on me</small>
<small>>Try clearing your BYOND cache through the pager, I think the external resource system that BYOND provides is broken, but I was attempting to use it again.</small>
Alright, I'll try that when you host the game again.

<small>> I've noticed it resets my monsters stats but not their level or experience.</small>
<small>>Is this only after your game crashes? Even then, it shouldn't be a problem... Stats should only change when you gain a level, and they should never go down.</small>
Yes, the stats lowered after the crash I believe. I leveled up to 15 and crash happened a few seconds after the battle ended so I had no way to tell if it was the level up to 15 or the crash, but I assume it was because of the crash.

<small>> Sleep never seems to end. I got put to sleep in the first move and I was asleep until I died and lost the battle.</small>
<small>>Sleep should last a random amount between 1 and 4 turns I believe. It shouldn't be re-applicable, so if you get hit with sleep while already asleep, it shouldn't delay your waking up. It was working when I last tested it, but that was a while ago, and things could have changed.</small>
Weird, my monster gets put to sleep way past 4 turns I think my most turns asleep was about 8 or 10, I never even had a turn to attack or run.

Thanks for the help Falacy.
In response to SupaKoopa
<small>SupaKoopa wrote:
Weird, my monster gets put to sleep way past 4 turns I think my most turns asleep was about 8 or 10, I never even had a turn to attack or run.</small>
I tested the sleep effect again, it seemed to be working fine.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
<small>SupaKoopa wrote:
Weird, my monster gets put to sleep way past 4 turns I think my most turns asleep was about 8 or 10, I never even had a turn to attack or run.</small>
I tested the sleep effect again, it seemed to be working fine.</small>

I'm probably just incredibly unlucky haha
In response to Falacy
Yeah, sleep is not lasting a random amount between 1-4.