Monster Kingdom

by Falacy
MKO offers a Pokemon inspired adventure, set in a traditional fantasy world.
ID:292496

Hello, [insert name here]!
You have (probably) just stopped playing the early alpha version of Monster Kingdom.
You can use this forum to provide feedback of your time on the game, while it is still fresh in your mind.
Your feedback (everything from bug reports, to ideas and suggestions, to your general feelings and opinions of the game) will help us make the game better for everyone!
so far everything is great, but sleep is bugged and so is fight and we need a way to get monsters out of storage
I noticed a problem fighting the cockasomething.. Forgot the name. The icon changed to a different monster. And I was like "Thats not the same one. o.o.. o3o" Is that just an evolved form? Or..?
In response to XXHeartlessForeverXx
The HP bug happened to me again. It happened when I was fighting a Dew and I got hit with a bubble. My HP was full and I got brought down to 22/42 and my HP bar was black, but as soon as I got hit again my HP was 18/20 and it is stuck at 20/20 HP. However my Mimic now has correct HP of 42/42.

If the bug does happen my HP bar turns all black like I have no remaining HP and Ill have like 22/20 HP
<small>Jamaal Hunter wrote:
There is a bug dealing with battling other players. When you challenge someone it sends the challenge to yourself.</small>
Fixed for next update

<small>Naruto296 wrote:
so far everything is great, but sleep is bugged and so is fight and we need a way to get monsters out of storage</small>
I'm not sure what the problem with sleep is. It seems to work fine in my tests. You should sleep a random number of turns between 2 and 4, and when you wake up you should always get a chance to act before you can be put back to sleep. Whats wrong with fight? As for monster storage, I'm still coming up with a decent design, so you don't have to scroll through a list of 1,000 monsters to find the one you want.

<small>XXHeartlessForeverXx wrote:
I noticed a problem fighting the cockasomething.. Forgot the name. The icon changed to a different monster. And I was like "Thats not the same one. o.o.. o3o" Is that just an evolved form? Or..?</small>
Icons should never change mid battle. Cockatrice transforms into a Cockatrix, which is like a flying version of the original form.

<small>SupaKoopa wrote:
The HP bug happened to me again. It happened when I was fighting a Dew and I got hit with a bubble. My HP was full and I got brought down to 22/42 and my HP bar was black, but as soon as I got hit again my HP was 18/20 and it is stuck at 20/20 HP. However my Mimic now has correct HP of 42/42.</small>
THIS IS MADNESS. Does it seem like this is a display bug? Or does your max HP actually drop to 20?
Besides the challenge bug, I haven't found anything else.

Minor suggestion though, could you add something that tells the players controls? It took me a while to figure out that I could access my info with right-click. It would be fantastic if you add some form of tutorial.
In response to Falacy
<small>SupaKoopa wrote:
The HP bug happened to me again. It happened when I was fighting a Dew and I got hit with a bubble. My HP was full and I got brought down to 22/42 and my HP bar was black, but as soon as I got hit again my HP was 18/20 and it is stuck at 20/20 HP. However my Mimic now has correct HP of 42/42.</small>
THIS IS MADNESS. Does it seem like this is a display bug? Or does your max HP actually drop to 20?

It literally becomes 20 HP, I dropped from 42 HP to 20 HP. I went back to heal since my monster died and he got healed to 20 HP, relogged and healed again and his HP was still 20.
In response to SupaKoopa
I have my Cockatrix as my main Monster, but it shows her as a Cockatrice out of battle.

Also Monsters get stuck behind other players Monsters.

Suggestion: Make a fade in/out effect for battles. It would make it a lot cooler, but also smoother looking.
Hey Falacy i really like the game so far and i think it can go very far in the future because of that.My suggestion is that you should somewhat increase the chatch rate because it is really low and that when you have the full game out make castles and a grand fortress as what you have to face to become a champion (i would perfermore if you let us the players sign up for a spot in one of these positions).Anyways thank you for the alpha and hope this will be your next big game.
In response to The Great Sabin
<small>The Great Sabin wrote:
I have my Cockatrix as my main Monster, but it shows her as a Cockatrice out of battle.</small>
Yea, there's a lack of icon for a few monsters

<small>> Also Monsters get stuck behind other players Monsters.</small>
BYOND's path-finding is semi-retarded.

<small>> Suggestion: Make a fade in/out effect for battles. It would make it a lot cooler, but also smoother looking.</small>
I'll see. I had a screen splitting effect at one point, but it looked like crap.
This is a great game and I can't wait to see more. A few pointers u may want to make the screen resizeable that way we can full screen and see it better. Other than that wonderful game I hope there will be plenty more monsters and if u ever want to bounce ideas I'm always free on weekends to chat. I can be weird but I can give great ideas for new monsters/places based on what you want.
In response to Esperwolf
A new UI would be awesome instead of a black and white, possibly something sleek and simple.
In response to SupaKoopa
Simpler than black and white?
In response to Falacy
You really want my feedback...
good game, but really? why do you start games and not finish them?
HU2
Bleach Eternity
good games ideas yet there uncomplete and being tooken over
In response to Zelda1332
Zelda1332 wrote:
You really want my feedback...
good game, but really? why do you start games and not finish them?
HU2
Bleach Eternity
good games ideas yet there uncomplete and being tooken over

HU2 and Bleach Eternity aren't going anywhere. Yes they are good games, but HU2 got kicked from BYOND so it got crippled, and BE didn't have many players even though it was an excellent game. I'm pretty sure Falacy just codes for the fun of coding. His games may seem uncomplete to you, but honestly what game is complete? GOA? Seika/Teridal? Nothing truly is complete because you can always add something more. It may be complete in his eyes, he may not want to mess with it anymore, therefore he moves on while many people stay behind.
1. Sleep lasts way too long, my monster got double slapped to death after like 30 turns because he wouldn't wake up.

2. You should add an update log like you have in your other games to let us know what's new.

3. Will we lose our saves? Just wondering if I should continue playing or wait.

4. Excellent job so far, it looks really good and really clean. Is there a full screen option?

5. For monster transfer, I think it would be a good idea to utilize the grid don't you think?

6. The ability to move attacks around. My Zombiac has Poison Gas and it doesn't do anything. I'd like to make Tackle the first attack.

7. The Vambat is quite a weak monster to deal with because it has no attacks it can really utilize unless you use another monster to weaken whatever it's facing. I'd suggest a possible power boost, or another move like Claw to give it something to fight with.
In response to Ganing
<small>Ganing wrote:
1. Sleep lasts way too long, my monster got double slapped to death after like 30 turns because he wouldn't wake up.</small>
I guess I'll have to investigate this more. It seems to be working just fine for me though...

<small>> 2. You should add an update log like you have in your other games to let us know what's new.</small>
Once the updates are more than minor tweaks and bug fixes.

<small>> 3. Will we lose our saves?</small>
No. When the first real version of the game comes out, your current monsters will all be transferred to monster storage, so you'll just have to fetch them once you get to the first town area.

<small>> 4. Is there a full screen option?</small>
The next version will have a fail maximize option.

<small>> 5. For monster transfer, I think it would be a good idea to utilize the grid don't you think?</small>
I dunno? I haven't played a pokemon game in like 10+ years, since the original red and blue. So I dunno what kind of systems they use for it. Even then, if it lists all 10,000 pokemon you've caught, I think some sort of search feature is necessary.

<small>> 6. The ability to move attacks around. My Zombiac has Poison Gas and it doesn't do anything. I'd like to make Tackle the first attack.</small>
Planned. Though, the game should already remember the last attack you used and make that your default selection.

<small>> 7. The Vambat is quite a weak monster to deal with because it has no attacks it can really utilize unless you use another monster to weaken whatever it's facing. I'd suggest a possible power boost, or another move like Claw to give it something to fight with.</small>
Should be able to steal life from opponents.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
<small>Ganing wrote:
1. Sleep lasts way too long, my monster got double slapped to death after like 30 turns because he wouldn't wake up.</small>
I guess I'll have to investigate this more. It seems to be working just fine for me though...

A few times I broke out of it though. It just happens randomly where I get stuck in it.

<small>> 5. For monster transfer, I think it would be a good idea to utilize the grid don't you think?</small>
I dunno? I haven't played a pokemon game in like 10+ years, since the original red and blue. So I dunno what kind of systems they use for it. Even then, if it lists all 10,000 pokemon you've caught, I think some sort of search feature is necessary.

I haven't played them in a while. Last time I played they displayed your pokemon on trays of like 10x10 so you could visually see and choose them. But using grids in which you can search for your monsters wouldn't be hard. But the way it seems to be looking, you are more into using HUDs for this game. You could take the icon of the monsters that follow you around, scale them to like 50-75% smaller, and use them to identify.

<small>> 7. The Vambat is quite a weak monster to deal with because it has no attacks it can really utilize unless you use another monster to weaken whatever it's facing. I'd suggest a possible power boost, or another move like Claw to give it something to fight with.</small>
Should be able to steal life from opponents.

Yes, but when you only do 2-4 damage, stealing 1-2 HP doesn't help when your opponent does 6-10.
Whenever I try to challenge someone to a battle, I get a message saying they have challenged me as well. I try to accept this message, but the battle doesn't begin.
In response to XXHeartlessForeverXx
I found a bug, first i was playing normally then the server crashed so i relogged, after that i got rolled back to the beginning and i lost of my monsters. That also happened to 2 other people that were playing at a me with me.
Page: 1 2 3 4