ID:292768

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System: Windows XP home edition
Video/Graphics Card: not sure, but its pretty good. plays games like WoW, Counterstrike..etc without any lag
Game Hub/Link: Every game on byond
Internet Connection Type: Telus, Internet Expoler 7 or 8
Firewalls/Routers: None enabled

Problem Description: Ive been trying to access games on byond for about 2 weeks now. When I click on a game to join, any game, say Bleach Los NOchas for example, I will click the join button and the screen will click as if a pop up has been blocked. Sometimes I click join and it will take me to the message prompt for byond and say connecting....then failed or will say connected but nothing happens past this. The problem occured about 2 weeks ago after i started up dream deamon to host a game, the game wouldnt show on the hub so I had to stop hosting, but what i think i did was put a host port somewhere in byond and left it so now every place i try to enter tries to go through that specific port so it cant connect. Even my bookmarked games dont work when i click on them and I know they are up and running because i can see them in the hub with players on it. Any help would be appreciated.
If your running a Cable Modem and or Router, Just Reset it. Hold it for about 30-40 seconds, Should help out..
In response to Coop-XLR
Coop-XLR wrote:
If your running a Cable Modem and or Router, Just Reset it. Hold it for about 30-40 seconds, Should help out..

I reset my router/modem, It didnt work.
In response to Shakedown
Well, your problem seems like its a port issue, make sure the ports are all set to default, including Forwarded Ports. The reset of the router should have restored it to default. But if that doesn't work, then just give your ISP a call, they will be glad to do a system restore of your Network, That should do it.
I've never known graphics cards to be a source of lag.

Anyway, when Options and Messages pops up, click on the client menu, select preferences and uncheck the third check box along. Then reconnect to the game and see if that works.

--

Resetting the router wouldn't make a difference really. I've never known an instance where BYOND games would stop working and the router in an instance where it was needing to be reset was an issue.
In response to Coop-XLR
Coop-XLR wrote:
Well, your problem seems like its a port issue, make sure the ports are all set to default, including Forwarded Ports. The reset of the router should have restored it to default. But if that doesn't work, then just give your ISP a call, they will be glad to do a system restore of your Network, That should do it.

I called my isp and he tried a few things and none of them worked. Anyone have any other ideas?
In response to Shakedown
Maybe BYOND has you IP blacklisted?
In response to Coop-XLR
BYOND doesn't blacklist IPs. If he was banned, he wouldn't be able to post in these forums and the only chance for his IP to be blacklisted is for his key to be banned.
In response to Danial.Beta
I cant even get the options and messages box to come up anymore, when i click on join any game, the screen clicks like a pop up was blocked. My bookmarks are still good but when i click on them i get this message ..... BYOND Hub: connection failed.
Your network connection is not working or the hub server is down.
You cannot login at this time. (See BYOND Networking for more information.)
Connection closed.
Connection failed.
I think the only reason i cant start any games is because im not logged in, but i AM logged in on the site and on the toolbar byond app. ALso I get Status: offline .. no news at this time! on my pager thing. So im not logged in but i entered my account info and it took me there.
In response to Shakedown
Do you know how to use a DOS shell?
If so, could you try o "ping byond1.byond.com" and state the summary here?

Your BYOND client clearly fails to onnect to the BYOND hub, thus stating you as offline.
An when the client "thinks" you are offline, the client naturally won't connect you.
Does that happen all of the time now? How many different times did you try?
Did you try to log on a random different key (like mine) with a wrong password and then try with your own key again?
Open up BYOND.exe, then go to File->Preferences (or hit Ctrl+P). Click the Advanced tab, and tell me what you have for your Hub Address and Pager Port.
In response to Xooxer
(i can't seem to connect to any games)

and i can't find beyond.exe..
In response to Uchiha_Susuke
Go to http://www.byond.com/download and download BYOND :P
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I figured out the problem, thanks for the help
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
I've never known graphics cards to be a source of lag.

Anyway, when Options and Messages pops up, click on the client menu, select preferences and uncheck the third check box along. Then reconnect to the game and see if that works.

--

Resetting the router wouldn't make a difference really. I've never known an instance where BYOND games would stop working and the router in an instance where it was needing to be reset was an issue.

nope that didng work
In response to Schnitzelnagler
NO not again not again, it say says it im offline whe i connect to byond
In response to Television2
Hey my byond says im offline and i cant play anygames either. But when im at home i can play through wireless internet. Now im on a campus that has wireless internet I was wondering why i cannot play here
In response to Romeo298
I can't conect to the byond.....when i put my password and my ID i press login...after that it appears "BYOND hub: connection failed" what is that?
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
Open up BYOND.exe, then go to File->Preferences (or hit Ctrl+P). Click the Advanced tab, and tell me what you have for your Hub Address and Pager Port.

my pager port is 0 and i don't have a hub address
In response to Malikman97
That is as it should be. very strange. :/ I'll have to dig up some more info. Any idea about when this started?
Page: 1 2