ID:293286

Hello, My name is Kale, and for no reason what so ever, a player whos key is Espada Goons, or Espada-goon. or something liek that are trying to hack me, and here is some of the logs from an inside source

(£.τ.š.¨Κ.š.ή.γ.Π.α.š.€ Leader)Production would like to Announce:

AND HACK
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Shinigami)(Squad Six Member)CRoW OOC: oh i remember
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Owner)(Vaizard)K΅ρε§εkο OOC: >_>' like I'm not trying?
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Shinigami)(Squad Six Member)CRoW OOC: hows that game going?
(Human)I'm lo ing for Dantai OOC: We to off the copyright stuff
They Chickened out.
BL&D Elite(Vaizard)Vaizard Co-Leader Ichigo Kurosaki OOC: damn you got told Kun
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Owner)(Vaizard)K΅ρε§εkο OOC: It's kinda hard when I have no leads. So I'm gonna have to associate with one of the BYOND staff members. So hold up a second, Goon.
(Human)I'm lo ing for Dantai OOC: and it's running slowly now
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Owner)(Vaizard)K΅ρε§εkο OOC: Yeah, I saw.
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Shinigami)(Squad Six Member)CRoW OOC: well im host banned so i cant tell
§unny: hey production can i be my squads captain?
(Human)I'm lo ing for Dantai OOC: lol i am too but i get on anyway
––––•(-•Rκ§πnερ’κ•-)•––––(Owner)(Vaizard)K΅ρε§εkο OOC: (£.τ.š.¨Κ.š.ή.γ.Π.α.š.€ Leader)Production would like to Announce:

i feel like choping up mura and ffeeding him to his [mind not cussing? Even if you are quoting.]

<<<<< I am the one they are referring to, Mura, AKA Murazaki, I also happen to be the one they are attempting to hack, I got these logs off an inside source whom I will not name yet due to I am continueing to get more info

<<<<<< More info from the pager

<--(2:05 pm) Espada-Goons: just to let you know my hacker kun is going to hack you till your computer explodes also he is having a convo with a byond staff member so your done
<--(2:05 pm) Espada-Goons: anyways have fun with that [womper]

Kun as in Kunasaki, Key: Enrico24
Greetings Evildwells666.

Sounds to me like he is full of fluff. I'm having troubles following your log there, but has he actually done something? Or just threatened to?

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
In response to Danial.Beta
He is threatening to hack my BYOND account and my computer with his friend, whos key is stated, and he messaged me himself on the BYOND pager saying they are working on it with the apparent help of a BYOND staff member or something.

I'm sorry about the logs being so,... unorganized, But I just added to it while I got the information.
In response to Evildwells666
Evildwells666 wrote:
He is threatening to hack my BYOND account and my computer with his friend, whos key is stated, and he messaged me himself on the BYOND pager saying they are working on it with the apparent help of a BYOND staff member or something.

I'm sorry about the logs being so,... unorganized, But I just added to it while I got the information.

This is just a blatant lie. No BYOND Staff member will ever aid in the forceful take of a BYOND account.

When in doubt, remember this: BYOND Staff have access to the BYOND Key Database. Getting access to your account by them is a simple as changing the hash'd password (means they can't see the password) to a hash they know. -- This is something that will never happen.

Ignore people like this, they're air-heads.
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:

This is just a blatant lie. No BYOND Staff member will ever aid in the forceful take of a BYOND account.

When in doubt, remember this: BYOND Staff have access to the BYOND Key Database. Getting access to your account by them is a simple as changing the hash'd password (means they can't see the password) to a hash they know. -- This is something that will never happen.

Ignore people like this, they're air-heads.

I know that BYOND would not, I am stating what they claim and what they say, but my main point is the fact that theres someone threatening my computer, AND my account. So I thought to report it here.
Evildwells666 wrote:
I know that BYOND would not, I am stating what they claim and what they say, but my main point is the fact that theres someone threatening my computer, AND my account. So I thought to report it here.

There's not much to be done about this unless something actually happens to your account. If I had a buck for every time a two-bit prepubescent joker went around making hacking threats to try to scare people into giving them their way, I would own the planet.

You should just ignore these bozos. The very fact that they feel the need to lie about BYOND Staff helping them is proof of their complete impotence.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

There's not much to be done about this unless something actually happens to your account. If I had a buck for every time a two-bit prepubescent joker went around making hacking threats to try to scare people into giving them their way, I would own the planet.

You should just ignore these bozos. The very fact that they feel the need to lie about BYOND Staff helping them is proof of their complete impotence.

Lummox JR

I see what you mean, but the fact is, I've seen this guy hack before, date i'm not sure about, but The fact is, People who want to threaten these I personally don't think they should even PLAY BYOND
Here is the hard part, Evildwells, you claim is threatening you. You claim he has hacked before. How do we have any way to verify what you say?

I could make just as strong of a case for you doing the same thing, because all we have to go on is your testimonial. I'm not saying you are lying, just that BYOND attempts to run by the old standard of "Innocent until proven guilty".

BYOND has pretty strong account controls, and it would be pretty clear is this gent was compromising other people's accounts. I would assume that Lummox did his due diligence and looked at the account records to make sure there was no clear foul play from him.

If you believe he "hacked" a game, chances are he exploited a bug in the code, or perhaps just made use of built in feature of the HTML enabled text boxes(these can cause all kinds of tricky tricks if text is not sanitized). And at the end of the day, there is nothing illegal about exploiting other people's code. It's not nice, but it is up to the developer to prevent it. BYOND cannot do anything about it. And to prevent witch hunts, the BYOND Staff stays out of internal game matters such as that.

BYOND does, however, offer many personal controls to help rid yourself of people like this. First, the pager has an ignore feature that comes in real handy here. And if you are host of a game, DreamDaemon now has a really great ban tool, that's super powerful. And last, but not least, there is an ability to not receive pages by people not on your friends list. I, personally, have had this enabled for as long as I can remember, it keeps the spam down.
In response to Danial.Beta
I agree with all that, I don't have any proof other than the stated logs, which, though they are not, they COULD be false, but as I said, I just don't think people who threaten others computers / accounts via the net, or any way shape or form should play. (P.S. I think they gave up trying to hack it, I haven't received any messages from them lately)
Without confirmed irrefutable proof that someone has threatened your account, no reprimand can be made. It's that simple.

And they wont be hacking at all, the closest thing they can do is guess the users password. Even if they managed to hack the BYOND Database (good luck to ye!) the best they can get is a useless password hash, that in most cases, can probably not be reversed to reveal the actual password.

Just pager ban the guy and move on. There's nothing that can be done.