ID:294643

BYOND Build Number:493.1117
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Video/Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB
Game Hub/Link:All games that I have tried
Internet Connection Type:Not quite sure. It's a router connected to my computer. That router is connected to a modem that is in charge of the internet and the phone line. (Maybe ADSL?)
Firewalls/Routers:
Windows Firewall
TP-LINK WR841N

Antivirus:AVG 2012 Free

Problem Description:
Well, this has been happening for a long time. Most of the time Byond pager logs me in but doesn't become online, only offline. That's the minor problem in my opinion. The biggest one is when I actually can login to the pager but then I just get failed when I try to connect to games. It was like this forever but it would always fix itself. Now, it has been failing for a week stright. I don't know why but I have tried almost everything I could, I been checking the forums for solution and none helped me. I reinstalled, I uninstalled, deleted the remaining folders, rebooted and reinstalled, I added byond to the exceptions in my firewall, I reconnected my modem and router, I redownloaded, I tried older version. This has been going on forever and I mean years, only now it's unbearable.

I am not sure about port forwarding. I have to make my IP static right? I don't think I want to do that...

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Open byond.
If it's online, try to connect to a game through pager or browser.
Just to make sure, I portforwarded. It didn't work.
I have the same problem. My byond pager logs in but when I try to log into games, there's a pop saying launching and that's all it says. And once the game actually comes up, it still says launching and then I'd try to close that pop up and it closes the game as well.
It's most likely you have cable Internet, although it would help to know your ISP because that should tell for sure.

As for the connection problems, I see two likely possibilities. The first is that the firewall that comes with your nVidia card has flaked out beyond repair; you should remove that firewall in any case because it has no right to exist. The other possibility is that your ISP is simply having massive connection problems upstream and can't connect you properly to anything but websites.

Based on the fact that you've had this problem intermittently in the past, I have to say it's probably your ISP. If your cable modem or router are old, they could be replaced and that might fix the issue, but chances are it's your ISP. The way to tell is to run the tracert utility to try to see where the connection fails between you and a remote server.
i have the same problem i cant log into games
In response to Lummox JR
what is a ISP
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
It's most likely you have cable Internet, although it would help to know your ISP because that should tell for sure.

As for the connection problems, I see two likely possibilities. The first is that the firewall that comes with your nVidia card has flaked out beyond repair; you should remove that firewall in any case because it has no right to exist. The other possibility is that your ISP is simply having massive connection problems upstream and can't connect you properly to anything but websites.

Based on the fact that you've had this problem intermittently in the past, I have to say it's probably your ISP. If your cable modem or router are old, they could be replaced and that might fix the issue, but chances are it's your ISP. The way to tell is to run the tracert utility to try to see where the connection fails between you and a remote server.

I don't have that nVidia firewall. I suppose it's my ISP which would be Smile Internet Gold, EURONET. If there's nothing else to do then this is it.
In response to Tynho
I have this same problem!

We badly need this fixed.
In response to Meronz
I can't log in to any games or host it just keeps saying connecting. It doesn't even fail what so ever.
In response to Le Vaughn
Simply reboot... -__-