cool
Still haven't started mine. Just downloaded Kingdoms of Amalur and it's astonishing. I might need another day or two to enjoy this before I begin. Seriously, where has this game been all my life? I might even try to make my dungeon crawler play very similar to it. :D
I've got 3 days left. If any of you want to see a demo, I had to upload what I had anyways to report a bug.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=675783

Just download what I linked to in that post.

It isn't very "roguelike" yet, but that's because I'm focusing on getting all of the details managed, then putting some dungeons in.
Laserdog spells too good.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Laserdog spells too good.

lol.
I stopped watching XPlay after I noticed he gives every single Mario game 4-5 stars.
There is only two days remaining on mine, and everything seems to be on track to be completed, so I'm excited.
Only a few things left to implement and then there's just balancing so that the difficulty curve is reasonable enough for enjoyment.

This was a really fun contest, hopefully there are more random contests like this around in the future! They're really good motivation to develop something! (:
will have mine finished soon.
i set myself two extra challenges to make the game more fun!
-develop the game from scratch and only use brand new code
-do it all in one page
hey, call me stupid
but it was fun!
I used to develop all in one page when I first started in DM. Good times.
nah, one page, not one file
I likely won't be able to get a good enough project. /sadface

I'll include a level or two, if I have time, and release it.

With it lacking map generation, at the state it's at right now, it could almost be a RPG framework. I may break it down and document it all and release it as an RPG framework.
In response to Bumblemore
Bumblemore wrote:
nah, one page, not one file

EmpirezTeam wrote:
I used to develop all in one page when I first started in DM. Good times.
btw
http://www.byond.com/games/Bumblemore/Winterfall
its not very good but the visual is pretty nice

basically, no real aim, just helping npcs build tents punching them and chopping wood etc

+ random map generation
Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. Edit your old posts to include new information, do not double/triple/quadruple post.
wat
I'm in.
And I've started.
I'm sad to say that I probably won't be finishing within my designated time, but when I do release the game it will be made in less than 168 hours of total work.

I'm just way too busy tonight to even think about touching the game.
aye
Alright, I'll be starting mine tomorrow. I started the contest at a pretty bad time for myself ( I was in the process of building a new computer, and then I wanted time to play with the new computer which is what I've been doing for the past week or so ). It's up and running and I got my gaming fix, so I should be ready to get down to business tomorrow. Here goes nothing.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Alright, I'll be starting mine tomorrow. I started the contest at a pretty bad time for myself ( I was in the process of building a new computer, and then I wanted time to play with the new computer which is what I've been doing for the past week or so ). It's up and running and I got my gaming fix, so I should be ready to get down to business tomorrow. Here goes nothing.

Best of luck ^^
Page: 1 2 3 4 5