ID:2191466

Hello, I've been working on a Reverse-Flash Icon, But I can't seem to make it Blurry, I made it move, side to side really fast, but that didnt work when I tried it on the Game, Any Help? The Suit I'm making is based off of these Photo's:

and my Icon looks like this:

Let me know if you might know how to make it blurry, thank you.

use a photo editing program like gimp

If I use GIMP It turns out like this https://gyazo.com/43ee26b57a91a41a38b5c4447488094e
In response to ISSACK
You'd have to save the image and import it into the icon file. Windows can't copy and paste transparency.
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
You'd have to save the image and import it into the icon file. Windows can't copy and paste transparency.

Gimp used to be able to. I use aseprite now, and it copies transparency just fine.
Darn, Aseprite's money.
In response to ISSACK
ISSACK wrote:
Darn, Aseprite's money.

It's free if you can compile it...

Or just download from someone who's done the hard work:
http://namkazt.deviantart.com/art/ aseprite-1-1-2-dev-593623307
Yeah, I wouldn't want to download it, Just wish there was an Easier way to do like that you can do with the Dmi File.
motion blur
In response to ISSACK
If you want complex image processing algorithms then you need an image processing tool. You will never get around that. All DMI files are used for is containing your final product and maybe re positioning it. It's up to you to create the image to put in a DMI and that usually involves external programs which are designed to do that job.
You could always... you know... just do it the old fashioned way and draw in the motion blur yourself.
var/icon/i = new(icon)
i.Scale(i.Width()/2,i.Height/2)
i.Scale(i.Width()*2,i.Height()*2)
icon = i
In response to Ishuri
In that case you'd have to do the scaling calculation every time someone hit the button. Not a very effective way of doing it considering you could just blur the icon and save it in a dmi.
blurry u say?

animate(src,transform=matrix()*1.1)
Is this more like what you were going for?

var/image/o1 = new(src), image/o2 = new(src), matrix/m1 = matrix(-2,0,MATRIX_TRANSLATE), matrix/m2 = matrix(2,0,MATRIX_TRANSLATE)
o2.appearance = o1.appearance = appearance;
o2.layer = o1.layer = FLOAT_LAYER
o2.plane = o1.plane = FLOAT_PLANE
o2.alpha = o1.alpha = 128
o1.transform = m1
o2.transform = m2
animate(o1,transform=m2,time=0.75,loop=-1)
animate(transform=m1,time=1)
animate(o2,transform=m1,time=0.75,loop=-1)
animate(tranform=m2,time=1)
world << o1
world << o2

DC is stupid. Except for batman. Batman is only good DC.
In response to Ter13
DC is stupid. Except for batman. Batman is only good DC.

Truth.
All the villains are included in that statement right @ter :D?
I do kind of want to see the new Aquaman.
Have to say he looks pretty badass. I realize swimming really well and communicating with fish isn't all that great a super power, but at least he looks cool now. It'll probably wind up being stupid as hell though.
In response to Flick
When I played Injustice: Gods Among Us, Aquaman was straight up terrifying. They actually wrote him to have that presence of, "I'm the fucking king and you better respect that."
Page: 1 2