ID:2253928

I know when you host with dream daemon on windows you can announce things to the server. I was wondering if it is possible to do the same thing on a linux bash shell somehow? The problem isn't getting the message directed to the already running process, but the command I should send to the process.

I really wish Byond would allow injection of commands such as the admin command "PWIPE" as user xxxx to allow super nice server automation. Is there a way to do this?(doubt it)
For your second query you might want Topic() and Export()
This isn't a game that I am creating but just one I am hosting so I can't actually make any changes to the code.
I attempted this with the below linux command which sends the echoed command to the input of the running dream daemon process but it didn't work. Maybe dream daemon doesn't accept plain input and it needs to be encrypted? I don't know... but this would be a super nice feature to have.

echo 'world << testing' > /proc/20623/fd/0
In response to Odine
Odine wrote:
This isn't a game that I am creating but just one I am hosting so I can't actually make any changes to the code.

If that's the case, then no. Backdoor access to games is a bad ideal. Contact the creator of the game.

For the first query, try: ID:1443427