ID:2282753

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 60.0.3112.90
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I'm only able to join games by using the pager. If I try the 'Play Now' button and wait, nothing happens.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
I'm not too sure. It's only recently that I've been trying games that don't use a standalone, so I'm posting this to see if anyone else has the issue.

kchow - Today at 10:48 PM
iirc it works if the pager isn't running, or sometimes if you double-click the button instead of single-click
i have no idea why though

^From Kaiochao in the Discord Server, though double-clicking doesn't seem to do anything for me.
for me, the pager opens the hub page. and you have to click Play on the pager.
I have noticed this as well. When I click on the play now button, it takes me to the download page, despite having Byond downloaded already.

https://i.gyazo.com/659b81780715f46e8c351977945dd1d2.gif

^Proof^
In response to TeapottheTeapot
The "continue" on that page is a link that prevents you from seeing that page again. It has been mentioned before that it could be a lot more visible...
The 'Download' button also doesn't work for me usually, with games and libraries. I have to download the files as a zip. Using the latest version of Chrome and the stable BYOND update.
In response to Pixel Realms
Does reinstalling BYOND using the Windows link (not .zip) on the Downloads page result in any changed behavior?

One of the previous times I updated using the auto-updater broke the byond:// association, to which reinstalling directly resolved.
Nope, no changes for me after reinstalling.
These things have happened to me every now and then...for as long as I can remember. 9 years. Fix.
In response to Pixel Realms
Also, the pager sometimes doesn't show that a game is live, even though I know for a fact that it is. The hub does, too.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The "continue" on that page is a link that prevents you from seeing that page again. It has been mentioned before that it could be a lot more visible...

Could be made a lot more visible lol