In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Hacks
In response to Dubious Game Studios
Most of our community has no idea what a BYOND is, so if you really want to follow the game you should join our Discord server. ;)

This update had a link to a standalone client, but it's probably a dead link by now. :makexe: is strange and terrifying for me, so maybe if you ask real nice Kumo will make a new one.
Here's a shitty size comparison of the human player and a kaiju player for my kaiju project I'm trying to mash together. Kaiju sprites are heavily WIP (as is everything else) until I pay someone to make me purdy visuals.

Just trying to sort out sizes. Should they be bigger?

Created a dmm loader 3:, it's able to load objs and mobs within a dmm file.

proc
loadMap(file,X=1,Y=1,Z=1)

// Vars
var data = file2text(file)
. = findtext(data,"\n\n")
var map = copytext(data,.+2)
data = copytext(data,1,.)
. = findtext(map,"{\"")
map = copytext(map,.+3,length(map)-3)
var list/ids = new

// Temp Vars
var a,b,c,d,list/e,f,g

// Koz Logic 4 IDs
for()
a = findtext(data,"\"")
if(!a)break
b = findtext(data,"\"",a+1)
c = findtext(data,"(",a+1)
d = findtext(data,")",c+1)
f = copytext(data,a+1,b)
g = copytext(data,c+1,d)
e = splittext(g,",")
for(. in e)
if(findtext(.,"/turf")){e -= .}
if(findtext(.,"/area")){e -= .}
data = copytext(data,d+1)
if(f in ids){continue}
ids[f] = e

// Koz Logic 4 DMM
b = length(map)
for(a = 1 to b)
if(text2ascii(map,a)==10)
c = a - 1
break
d = 1
for(a = 1 to b)
if(text2ascii(map,a)==10)
d++
// Koz Logic 5 Parse
var C, XX = 1, YY = d, O
for(a = 1 to b)
C = copytext(map,a,a+1)
if(C in ids)
e = ids[C]
for(O in e)
. = text2path(O)
O = new .
O:loc = locate(XX,YY,Z)
else continue
XX++
if(XX > c)
XX = 1
YY --
// Debug
if(1)
world << map
world << "Map Size: [c],[d]"
for(. in ids)
world << "[.] = [ids[.]]"
In response to Kozuma3
Is a better way to save objs in the map and load this?
In response to Manio
Looks gud so far Manio. I'm really not sure about the size -- maybe you'll have to hold a very, very early alpha for Feedteam so we can tell you how it feels. ;)

Awesome job Koz! Lookin good brother!
In response to Unwanted4Murder
That is the plan of course! The kaiju seem like they move slow which is ideally what I want, depending on the one you play as of course.
In response to Manio
The size comparison you showed scares me. :sadface:
In response to Dubious Game Studios
Hopefully in a good way :(
Working on some of the core kaiju-player systems right now. Trees will become destroyed and reduced to a mess of stumps when they come in contact by a kaiju player as will other solid objects such as buildings, etc.

Turfs will change too so currently working on having massive foot prints being left behind, craters, etc. Screenshake has also been implemented when a kaiju-player is walking within a certain range of human players.

And if anyone can point me towards some GIF capturing software that'd be cool.

Licecap
In response to Manio
ShareX
PrtScn + Lots of dedication
In response to Manio
Manio wrote:
Working on some of the core kaiju-player systems right now. Trees will become destroyed and reduced to a mess of stumps when they come in contact by a kaiju player as will other solid objects such as buildings, etc.

Turfs will change too so currently working on having massive foot prints being left behind, craters, etc. Screenshake has also been implemented when a kaiju-player is walking within a certain range of human players.

And if anyone can point me towards some GIF capturing software that'd be cool.

This is hands down your most interesting project yet. Keep it up, Manio! (:
In response to Kumorii
Thanks!
I think the Kaiju should be wider, Manio. I mean, it really depends how you want him to fit the world. Say your human is 6 foot tall, well that means your kaiju looks to be around 78 feet tall.
(Godzilla started at around 165 feet tall and then slowly grew towards 490+ feet)

How many humans or objects should the kaiju be able to destroy with its foot while walking?
What objects will you use to strike at the kaiju?
Do they look like they would fit together in the world, etc?
My team and I are working hard on a few games, here's some art progress on one of our projects;

Sparrow's Odd Adventure
Hub Link

sparrow progress
In response to 2DExtremeProductions
Each kaiju will be different sizes :) the one shown off in the screenshot is just one of the few that will appear in release.

- It doesn't destroy much for this guy. Again, depends on the size of the kaiju you're playing as.

- Like weapons? Human players won't have any. They complete a series of objectives leading up to extraction, the two kaiju players fight each other or can work together and kill off the humans. However, if a kaiju offs another kaiju they'll get separate rewards from teaming up, etc.

- I hope they fit together!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299 300 ... 349 350 351