Will this change be included in the 512 release? It's a major roadblock in our development
I'll get back to this shortly and investigate it further. The topological stuff isn't in yet although I'd say it's very likely for somewhere in the 512 cycle.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'll get back to this shortly and investigate it further. The topological stuff isn't in yet although I'd say it's very likely for somewhere in the 512 cycle.

Keep in mind the sooner you manage to patch this up, the quicker byond gets to feature our beautiful isometric tbsrpg! And also thank you for all your hard work, appreciate it,
Will topological sorting resolve the issue with big atoms in isometric mode? You mentioned one of the biggest contributors to the poor performance being the large tile format. If that's better served as a feature request, then I can post another thread in the appropriate forum.
Anything?
will donate $200 if all of crazah's demands are met
i will also donate a paltry sum of money if Crazah's demands are met!
I shall donate enough for a sizable amount of Maruchan ramen noodles if Crazah's demands were to be met.
I will personally ship a box of Ramen if Crazy's demands are met.
This is feeling very forgotten, it's been about five months since this was submitted and I can't help but feel very frustrated. We aren't able to do any real development on our project without this fixed.
Well, i mentioned it in the discord awhile back but the iso stuff has been broken for years now. You should've known this going into the project and that it likely wasn't going to be a priority anytime soon.

I do think it needs to either be fixed/properly supported or completely dropped. Because as it stands it is false advertising to list isometric as a supported feature.

With that said, I'm 100% for getting it fixed/supported.
I do plam to get back to this as soon as I can. It's just been very hard to get to it, and whenever I have looked into it the profiling has been nearly useless to suss out the issue. This is very difficult to diagnose and takes large blocks of time.
Are there any plans to have icons larger than 32x32 run efficiently in isometric format, or should I submit a feature request for that?

Additionally, it would be really helpful if pixel_z didn't cost a king's ransom to render. Having up & down offsets on turfs / objects is really necessary in isometric.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
will donate $200 if all of crazah's demands are met

i'll up to this $500 if crazah's demands are met by the end of 2017
I've got two toonies and a piece of string to throw into the "justice for Crazah" pot
Will mail Ramen if the deed is done.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:

I already made that joke, fuck off
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Lavenblade wrote:

I already made that joke, fuck off

You think one box is enough?!
Redundant: Isometric mode has been retired due to performance issues.
Don't give him ideas!
Page: 1 2 3 4