ID:2304281

(Actually if you delete the maker text file - interesting things happen)
I changed the compiler preferences so that the background is a chalkboard-green and the rest are white; foreground, keywords etcetera...
As wizards we must overcome our envy of one another.
Cool.
I used to do green on black:

But I swapped it to something a little less garish.

The difference it made on the eyes was night and day.

15/10, would recommend you matrix-in-your-imagination wannabes give the washed out color vibe a shot. Huge quality of life difference.
will it make me a better DMer? I'll try anything once :D
chalkboard idea is neat, gonna try it out
will it make me a better DMer?

Probably not, but it will make your eyes less tired during a long session, and it makes writing code at night possible.
I have had mine set to this color scheme for a while:

But I definitely like your scheme there, Ter, and not just because I like the color blue.

Totally not going to steal that.

EDIT: Totally didn't.

Now if only we could change the color of the rest of Dream Maker's interface. Dark Mode DM would be amazing.
Pro master dm color scheme TM

Contrast too high. Hurts eyes.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Helps with readability.
Open Documents\BYOND\cfg\maker.txt

Replace lines 4-17 with:

maker-foreground-font Courier+10
maker-background-color 342c29
maker-foreground-color eeeeee
maker-comment-color c0c0c0
maker-preprocessor-color 808000
maker-keyword-color ff9b63
maker-string-color dba2bd
maker-number-color 3434cb
maker-ident-color 0
maker-marginbackground-color 0
maker-marginforeground-color 808080
maker-tabs 4
maker-show-tabs off
maker-show-lines on

It's a personal preference, but trust me, try a low-contrast code editor for a while. You'll thank me in a few weeks. You'll find your eyes wandering less late into a session, and you won't wind up with those headaches near as fast.

Also, here's a pico8 theme I used for a week before I got tired of it:

maker-foreground-font Courier+10
maker-background-color 532b1d
maker-foreground-color c7c3c2
maker-comment-color 4f575f
maker-preprocessor-color 518700
maker-keyword-color ffad29
maker-string-color 9c7683
maker-number-color 4d00ff
maker-ident-color 0
maker-marginbackground-color 0
maker-marginforeground-color 53257e
maker-tabs 4
maker-show-tabs off
maker-show-lines on

this is what i've been using for a few months now. I've been itching to change it lately so i might do that now, actually.
In response to Ter13
thank you ter anybody else ?
Ter13 wrote:
Open Documents\BYOND\cfg\maker.txt

Replace lines 4-17 with:

maker-foreground-font Courier+10maker-background-color 342c29maker-foreground-color eeeeeemaker-comment-color c0c0c0maker-preprocessor-color 808000maker-keyword-color ff9b63maker-string-color dba2bdmaker-number-color 3434cbmaker-ident-color 0maker-marginbackground-color 0maker-marginforeground-color 808080maker-tabs 4maker-show-tabs offmaker-show-lines on

It's a personal preference, but trust me, try a low-contrast code editor for a while. You'll thank me in a few weeks. You'll find your eyes wandering less late into a session, and you won't wind up with those headaches near as fast.

Also, here's a pico8 theme I used for a week before I got tired of it:

maker-foreground-font Courier+10maker-background-color 532b1dmaker-foreground-color c7c3c2maker-comment-color 4f575fmaker-preprocessor-color 518700maker-keyword-color ffad29maker-string-color 9c7683maker-number-color 4d00ffmaker-ident-color 0maker-marginbackground-color 0maker-marginforeground-color 53257emaker-tabs 4maker-show-tabs offmaker-show-lines on

In response to Albro1
definitely i love the green comments big plus plus
Albro1 wrote:
I have had mine set to this color scheme for a while:

But I definitely like your scheme there, Ter, and not just because I like the color blue.

Totally not going to steal that.

EDIT: Totally didn't.

Now if only we could change the color of the rest of Dream Maker's interface. Dark Mode DM would be amazing.

Mine is pretty similar to everyone else that doesn't use a high contrast eyesore:

Edit: Also, my favorite part of this thread is that you can tell Kumo and I don't use the default Windows theme... and Kumo's is purple. lol
My theme is made to be as close to the "official" one as possible, but dark and readable. You should really consider switching the font to Consolas. I can't stand looking at code with those thin, pixelated fonts. Consolas is nice and smooth, and makes every little punctuation mark easier to see.

Theme:
maker-foreground-font Consolas+12
maker-background-color 2d002d
maker-foreground-color ffffff
maker-comment-color 808080
maker-preprocessor-color 8000
maker-keyword-color ff8080
maker-string-color ffff00
maker-number-color ff
maker-ident-color 0
maker-marginbackground-color 2a2a2a
maker-marginforeground-color 888888