In response to Bravo1
This is cute. It hits me.

Bravo1 wrote:

Haven't worked on the game in a while with all the parties and celebration.

Here's a very simple hidden path thing... This uses Turfs currently. I might use areas instead, so the whole thing fades all at once. Not sure.

Not much progress Art wise today but here's a gif of some recent developments. We had to turn it to a pc game for testing whatever we have so far(which doesn't look like much in gif).

If you'd like to be an early Playtester - Facebook Page: Link
Still very slowly working on this (still) unnamed project. Hoping to have something testable to play by the end of the year.

All I need to do now is add more content and polish off a bunch of minor (mostly graphical) things.

Although I've got to say, I'm having way too much fun (and probably wasting way too much time) adding hidden things and secrets that most players will probably never discover.
In response to The Magic Man
Nice art. Simplistic but very inviting.
What FKI said. It's very charming. The game looks rather interesting as well from the screenshots.

All the very best. Looking forward to see more of it
The Magic Man wrote:
Still very slowly working on this (still) unnamed project. Hoping to have something testable to play by the end of the year.

All I need to do now is add more content and polish off a bunch of minor (mostly graphical) things.

Although I've got to say, I'm having way too much fun (and probably wasting way too much time) adding hidden things and secrets that most players will probably never discover.

Hnnnnngh
Login Screen/Main Menu Concept Sketches:
Help me decide which one looks best.

Here are all playable characters:

The WIP on the characters are looking pretty good. It seems like all the elements but water have some kind of horns coming out of their head. If you want to keep the theme, I would go ahead and draw some horns on the water element as well.
In response to A2J2TIWARI
I would go with the first sketch. Furthermore, I'd have each part tastefully showcase the God's ability, as to give the player a nice introduction of what to expect and allow them to [mentally] begin picking which God suits them -- that type of thing.

Basically I feel that sketch has the most potential to capture a player at a glimpse compared to the other two. If not that one, then sketch #3.
I'd have to agree with yut put here.

First one just isn't particularly interesting. It doesn't really illustrate the relationship these characters have with one another and doesn't really say anything about the game besides the fact that these characters exist within it.

Second one makes it feel like a sort of party-based CRPG and has a lot of emphasis on the world around the characters rather than the characters themselves and what they do with one another. From what I've seen of your game, the second one is misleading about what the game is and doesn't really match with the title "Clash of Gods".
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I'd have to agree with yut put here.

First one just isn't particularly interesting. It doesn't really illustrate the relationship these characters have with one another and doesn't really say anything about the game besides the fact that these characters exist within it.

Second one makes it feel like a sort of party-based CRPG and has a lot of emphasis on the world around the characters rather than the characters themselves and what they do with one another. From what I've seen of your game, the second one is misleading about what the game is and doesn't really match with the title "Clash of Gods".

While this is true, I find myself drawn to the 2nd image and the game it might offer. Games that resemble that "dark art" are very appealing to the masses. A lot could be done using that style. Realm of shadows where you and your co-op god buddies have been exiled.

In response to A2J2TIWARI
why not combine the 2nd and 3rd images (if possible?) have the gods fighting in the sky

@Jordan: Thanks man! Good observation! I'll fix that right away
@FKI: Great idea! Serves the purpose but I think it'll be better for Game trailer?
@YutPut and D4Rk3 54B3R: Such good points! Educational. I did some more studying of Game Menus and it does seem like no matter how absurd they look, they serve the purpose of telling the player what the game is all about.
@AspireHer0: Haha! Not a bad idea but again I think it seems more like an adventure game Login Screen which mine is definitely not.

I am so grateful to be a part of this community. Thanks for all the help guys!

I didn't like the composition so I changed it to this. Let me know what you guys think.

This is the only place where I am posting almost everything haha.

God of Luck Character Sketch:
Oh god, A2J2TIWARI I love your art style :O

Working at this new login screen for Azusa, I really wish I was good enough at this, but wellp, I am getting better;
Probably doesn't look too impressive (and there is no UI for it yet), but I got systems in place for alchemy.

The system is similar to that used in an Elder Scrolls game. You put a bunch of items in a pot and if they have matching effects an item is made with that effect.
The key differences is each ingredient has a strength so some are better than others. That and you can make several different types of items that have similar effects. (Poultices which have weak but long lasting effects, potions/vials which have medium strength but instant effects, tonics which have derivative effects but last extremely long and pills which have strong effects with some sort of downside, the items in the second picture were all made using the same ingredients).

It's one of what'll be 3-4 crafting systems in the game but possibly the most complex.
Stimulating the lot of it.
It's multiplayer, no reason it wouldn't be. Infact the game is designed in such a way that working with or against other people will be beneficial.

Here is a video of the finished system.
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/RawCaringGallinule
How do those items fit into that alchemy beaker? Isn't that type for putting liquids in only? Shouldn't there be at least a whole somewhere on another end?

(Aesthetic!)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 311 312 313 314 315 ... 349 350 351