ID:2318351

Hello Byond, Yahn here.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this... noticed my vote post only showed up in my games forums which, oh my, is not ideal for gathering public opinion!

"My team and I are currently developing a game set in medieval Europe, focused on realism, and it will be similar to SS13 in many ways. As this started as a server, which eventually got abandoned for a full on game. Of course the combat will be very, very heavily modified. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Alas it is nowhere near ready, development only began today after a few weeks of putting together design documents."

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2318348

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the matter, while the game is still EXTREMELY early in development its still useful to know such things. In fact it's probably more important since we didn't get to working on that part yet. I'm also more than happy to answer any questions about the game here or on the games forums. The design document is quite a hefty thing right now so I can probably answer just about anything.
Screenshots?
Game is in pretty early development right now, nothing much to show right now. Screenshots will be up when the game is more feature complete.

Right now we are just gathering public opinion on persistent, round based or mix.
In response to YahnTheCreator
These are sounding a lot like questions one should already have answers to before committing to development.

Now if you give up on it because you don't have a design it just adds to general disappointment in the community.
Yut Put wrote:
if im being totally honest with you people around here have seen so many projects announced that fall off shortly after that we are generally jaded towards announcements like this. you'd probably get more feedback if you made something playable and then shared screens here or in somewhere like reddit

Not looking for interest, or publicity at the moment. I highly doubt we will even post screenshots, or anything, till the day of release. We want the game to be more of a happy surprise on release. We like that idea a lot more than drip feeding screens.

We did get what we want out of the polls though, and off getting messaged on Discord by quite a few people. So objective accomplished~

Though I'll admit I looked at the BYOND reddit before posting here and at the time of that post it was filled with people asking for anime games source code, how to code anime games and all things anime game. So it felt completely out of place to post anything original on there. Especially when it is the complete opposite of a power fantasy like most anime games here seem to be. Looks like the community on there has very different wants to what we are making. We will post on there when we release but I can't say I'm expecting much publicity from it.

Zecronious wrote:
These are sounding a lot like questions one should already have answers to before committing to development.

Now if you give up on it because you don't have a design it just adds to general disappointment in the community.

We do have a design, 48 pages in google docs of it. Although its hard to tell since we have a few others for more complicated features. So don't worry we got the design down before we even touched code or sprites. We just entered an argument on persistence or not as we began to think about performance and player enjoyment. Not that persistence or none would impact the game all that much based on the rest of its design. Decided to go with small persistent areas that players can trigger.