Yut Put wrote:
...even cooking wood gives you "rock hard food"

I didn't get much sleep last night, and I read this just a bit differently...

Depending on how detailed your crafting is going to be, you could even have the assorted sludges/goops/ashes/etc created by failed alchemy attempts have minor uses. Maybe as dyes/flavors/emergency rations/crafting ingredients/paints/etc.

In response to MysteriousProgrammer
It's a magical expanding beaker. It can fit ANY THING YOUR THOUGHTS DESIRE.
In response to AspireHer0
AspireHer0 wrote:
It's a magical expanding beaker. It can fit ANY THING YOUR THOUGHTS DESIRE.

Fuck logic.
Yeah, I can do that. It's easy enough to do and by making the failed items into ingredients themselves it gives me a few more things to work with.

Also the alembic is just a button. It animates to show you something is happening during the short wait it takes to make an item. It's not suppose to be accurate.
https://i.imgur.com/1qzV94w.png
There is another button.

EDIT: Just wanted to say, this crafting system is turning out to be a lot bigger than I ever expected.
There are 18 types of crafting that use 5 different systems of crafting, I've done 3 of the systems so far which encompasses only 6 of the crafting types (although the ones I'm working on right now are the least complex but most time consuming to add).

Been spending some time squashing bugs, optimizing, and polishing a lot of existing mechanics. Smoke color is now dynamic and much more flexible. Several more new weapons enter the fray, and we're gearing up for another large batch of features! Some planned features as we bring FEED into the new year include more classes, removal of the lobby in favor of a centralized hub town, the return of support NPCs, and another "wing" of the game that's focused moreso on PvP combat and guild wars. 2018 is looking to be another exciting year for FEED!
I learned how to use the database datum, so I used that to make this customizable on-screen message box. It definitely needs some polish but I'm glad that I don't need some hacky solution to accomplish this. So far it recognizes category filters, blocked users, and toggled time stamps.

https://streamable.com/ccx2a
In response to Aiota
Turn it into a lib
Finally got all crafting done. Here is an example of 3 of the same weapon crafted with different materials.

If you ignore material variety, there is about 400 different items to craft so far.
I forget exact numbers but it's around 45 types of food, 70 potions, something like 60 magical items and the rest are equipment like weapons and armor.

My favourite is sculpting though. It lets you make stuff like this

(Area means the entire map)

When you place it, it looks like this.

All I've got to do now is a whole load more content. I'm aiming for at least 3 playable locations (2.5 finished) before releasing a test of some kind.

(english and portuguese)
Been working this week at some advertising materials for Azusa; plus thats the layout I plan to use in the game's standalone.

These art styles also helps to make some immersive materials for screenshots and videos like these:

And those colors at the boxes/logo will be the new replacement for the current game's layout; (Wellp, gonna change them slowly ofc) next step is rework the character creation window/system
In response to YURIRAMOS
YURIRAMOS wrote:
Turn it into a lib

Most definitely. I just have to figure out how I want to handle the database limits and add some more features to it. The base gist of it is really easy to understand though.

https://streamable.com/g7cfl

Added some more polish to my SQLite message box and added scrolling functionality via mouse wheel and scroll buttons. I also decided to save the .db files on a per-client session basis just so the logs are easier to sift through if need be. The .db files stay small which is awesome so I don't think there will be any file size issues. Other than this, I need to decide how I want to approach player input: if I should just use an interface element or try a really roundabout approach with client.screen and maptext.
In response to Aiota
Aiota wrote:
https://streamable.com/g7cfl

Added some more polish to my SQLite message box and added scrolling functionality via mouse wheel and scroll buttons. I also decided to save the .db files on a per-client session basis just so the logs are easier to sift through if need be. The .db files stay small which is awesome so I don't think there will be any file size issues. Other than this, I need to decide how I want to approach player input: if I should just use an interface element or try a really roundabout approach with client.screen and maptext.

WOW, It does not even look like byond.
Ignore map and entities.
Yut Put wrote:
YURIRAMOS wrote:
WOW, It does not even look like byond.

yeah its not a byond game with out grass and trees, you're missing the trees

You can't simply pop nature into existence!
That bear looking dude with the shoulder armor got some really weird looking arms/hands compared to the rest of his body. His torso looked buffed but he got some noodle arms.

Poor Noodle Bear... you hurt his feelings!
With the development of our project resuming, I'd like to post some updated screenshots of Z Tactics.

The Pyromancer's cannister is deadly at close range!

Our starting forest area, complete with quests and enemies.

Some shopping!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 312 313 314 315 316 ... 349 350 351