ID:2353538

Resolved
Several drawing tools in the icon editor were broken as a result of the internal icon format change.
BYOND Version:512.1414
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 65.0.3325.162
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
While editing an icon frame in Dream Maker, clicking the canvas with the shape tools (line, circle, square) will constantly paint, instead of waiting for the mouse to release. In addition, the undo feature does not work at all.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Create a .dmi file.
2: Create a new pixmap via right-click.
3: Select the line-tool.
4: Left-click the middle of the canvas, and wave the mouse in a circular fashion.
5: Release the left mouse button
5: Attempt to undo the newly created circle.

Expected Results:
A single line is produced.

Actual Results:
A spotty circle you have to manually erase.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Attempting to use line tools or undo macro in an external program (such as MSpaint) does not replicate the results, the issue is not related to mouse or keyboard hardware.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Issue only affects the latest beta version (512.1414)

Workarounds:
Download an older branch of Byond, or use an external program for iconning.
This has to be due to the icon format change. I'll take a look.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Several drawing tools in the icon editor were broken as a result of the internal icon format change.
Yut Put wrote:
It's not just the line tool. I've also seen most of the drawing tools get broken, including moving the selection tool. And very frequently, Dream Maker moves my mouse to the top corner of the icon file when viewing the icon states which is very irritating.

Still a problem in the latest beta version.
In response to Syxoul
Posts that don't state the full major.minor version number are likely to be ignored.
In response to MrStonedOne
My bad.

Byond build version 512.1415 select tool still broken.

https://i.imgur.com/Si2X9xs.gifv
I'm not sure what I'm looking at in that image. Can you just explain the steps you're following?

I know the line and undo tools are fixed because I tested those; however I'm shocked there are still issues since the fix I did should have been universal.
He's using the select tool to move parts of the image. It's causing the pixels to go empty when he moves the selection.
The steps that I did to reproduce it:

[Optional Step: Create a new environment]
1. Open/Create a new icon file.
2. Click on the button to create a state (or edit an existing state.) Use either point, line, or any of the shape buttons to design something.
3. Use the Select tool to move with the mouse the pixel to any position.

Also I think there's a issue with the Shift button from the version as well.
The Dream Maker tools seem to have been completely broken.
Also if you move an icon down it also completely deletes it.
https://puu.sh/zKfl9/52ddd7f1a2.gif