I'd play that on my phone.
$200 and I'll port it to UE4 ;)

I seem to be on a bit of a cell phone game kick, using a system that doesn't work on cell phones...
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:

I seem to be on a bit of a cell phone game kick, using a system that doesn't work on cell phones...

Haven't played it yet but I intend to. Curious what the game play would be like if it were exploratory like a maze vs linear. Obviously, avoiding any movement assumptions would help with prototyping different game modes and map types. I like the potential.
Updated with two levels and some useless coins to collect.
http://files.byondhome.com/Flick/jumpy.zip
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:

I'd fund it.

In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
Flick wrote:

I'd fund it.

I'd buy that for a dollar!!
~ showing my age but I feel safer to do so....

In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Updated with two levels and some useless coins to collect.
http://files.byondhome.com/Flick/jumpy.zip

- There is some visible staggering/lag happening during scrolling which can cause some jump problems. Not sure what's causing it.

- The last jump on the first pass of lvl 2 (before you reverse) is causing me some grief and feels unnecessarily brutal. It took me 30 tries before I got the hang of it and could consistently make it. Everything else on lvl 2 feels good.
After a hiatus, i'm back to work. Now doing some stadiums:

Needing artwork for tiles and objs such as a basic tree.

{"
7 Sets of Armors & Weapons
-- Copper
-- Iron
-- Steel
-- Gold
-- Blacksteel
-- Mythril
-- Dragon

Basic Crafting System
-- 3 Crafting Slots to combine items.
-- Combine Ores for Bars.
-- Create your own house.

Equipment based Stats
-- Increase your ATK,DEF,STR,DEX, and/or MGK!

Randomly Generated Dungeons
-- Each dungeon is generated at runtime using chunks from pre-generated maps.

Pet System
-- Feed animals to gain their trust.
-- Have it follow & attack for you!

NPC System
-- Most Monsters drop items!
"}
A comparison side-by-side of Zenith's Call, four years ago versus today.

May 16th, 2014

May 21st, 2018
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Needing artwork for tiles and objs such as a basic tree.

Love the artwork! I can do the tree if you want :)
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:

That isn't Wall-E Bot. You can't just work on one of the coolest WIP games on here and then vanish, only to return months later with a BRAND NEW sidescroller/platformer. >(

Edit: Realistically though, I dropped Lux as a project for several reasons and the primary one was not being able to think of anything interesting or fresh to do with the game that hadn't already been done by a million other Metroid clones.

What I'm working on now hopefully has an interesting aspect that will draw in players.

I'm working on setting up the groundwork for it at the moment, and I don't wish to say much as it somehow always kills my motivation when I tell people about it but I will say this: This game has more reasons to be called "Lux" than the last one, but the current working title for the game is "Dark Star".

Edit #2: To avoid double posting....

i trust you.
I finally figured out lighting (somewhat)

Bravo, if you want I could help with some inverse kinematics for your dude's arms.

I love your art by the way.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
I don't really care much for implementing IK, it seems like overkill. Unless you had something specific in mind that I'm not imagining? (I am quite dull after all!)

If anything I'd still love to collab with you if you're interested, so thank you for the offer!

Also, sadly, the art isn't mine. I'm using it as a placeholder for now. It's a custom made Metroid GF Trooper by Physix.

The feel and art style of the character I have in mind is very much the same though so expect a similar result once I use my own art (or pay for some custom art)

Edit: I'm going to need to put flash warnings on this game, I think.

Using IK you can have both arms realistically hold the firearm regardless of angle. Depending on how far you want to take it, you can do some crude skeletal animation for the arms, to animate things like switching weapons, reloading, and so forth.

What you have seems to work pretty well for aiming and shooting recoil though, so it might be overkill lol.

That flashlight effect on the walls is great. I love how simple it is but also how effective it is.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Bravo, if you want I could help with some inverse kinematics for your dude's arms.

I love your art by the way.

@Bravo: and pull me in if I can help with anything like map editing tools, level design, testing, management overhead (of whatever), financing (services or whatever) and as much feedback and creative input as I can muster. Anything to help any one of us go big with anything. Bravo, everything you touch is pretty awesome so I'd love nothing more to back it in whatever way I can.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 322 323 324 325 326 ... 349 350 351