ID:2375457

I currently am on a Windows 10 computer. I have nothing on my computer except dropbox, BYOND and the host files for this game. The game I'm trying to run is Duel Monsters Genesis. I am not banned from the game. When the game starts, the ad plays and my connection is closed immediately. This happens to all servers. If I host my own server, I get closed out of it too when playing local. I can't even connect to the client. What is going on? (I do not have an anti-virus. I factory reset my router as well)

BYOND Version: 512.1426

Also happens on stable version.
There's an issue with BYOND downloading resources to the cache on Windows 10. Try clearing it using the settings in your pager. This should delete the folder and recreate it if it doesn't exist.
Try running your BYOND in Windows 7 Compatibility mode. I know of this working for some peeps..
Tried both your methods. Still did not work
In response to CipherWing
Are you able to connect to any other games? This could be an issue of BYOND versions being different between client and server.
I can connect to other games. It is this game specifically I cannot connect to any of it's servers, offline or online.
Found a local connection work-a-around. So directly clicking on the .dmb will not allow me in. However, if I click it, it fails, and click "Replay last session" button on BYOND's pager, it lets me in. This only happens locally though.
Any update on this?
I have no idea why this could possibly happen locally. It makes absolutely no sense unless the game has some built-in protections against being run certain ways or by certain people.

As for the remote servers dropping connection, I would expect it to be something in the game or something wrong with their ISPs.
I was able to get in a server (I don't know how) and it kept telling me in options and messages that it was having issues opening the cache files. This makes sense that this is the error because this is the only game I tried that has cache files. I deleted and restarted the cache files (did not work). I checked my permissions and gave myself full access. Not of the BYOND files are on read-only. Any help now?
Just updated to the newest beta. Lummox's fix did not work. Still getting connection closed.
CipherWing wrote:
Just updated to the newest beta. Lummox's fix did not work. Still getting connection closed.

What fix? I didn't suggest a fix in this thread because I still have no idea what could cause this sort of thing.

This really smells of something like a permissions issue or something similar.
I just figured out what happened finally. It was really dumb and I wish the game would notify new players about it...
What was the issue?
You had to favorite the game first before you could join their servers.
CipherWing wrote:
You had to favorite the game first before you could join their servers.

Oh. Well that's pretty lame.