In response to Toddab503
honestly the real only reason I still check this post for lol
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Added new mounts, mounts soon to make you immune to certain ground hazards, such as fire. New mechanisms: switches! you can see a switch being used to open a stone door in the gif below:

You added my giraffes, you sick bastard.
In response to Manio
Manio wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
Added new mounts, mounts soon to make you immune to certain ground hazards, such as fire. New mechanisms: switches! you can see a switch being used to open a stone door in the gif below:

You added my giraffes, you sick bastard.

it might take years of uncertainty, but i always deliver. :fingergun:
Playing around with KaioCode:

Pretty nifty. Thanks Kaio :)
Interesting accident...
^ Space Invaders 2018, instead of moving side to side the enemies circle around you getting closer and closer. The player sits inside a barrier they have to selectively break.
https://streamable.com/di4bs

Fiddled with the base icon a bit. Added reverse walk animation, running animation, jump animation (still need to do something for falling), and crouched state. I also made is to that your velocity slightly affects the angle of the body a bit when walking, and a lot while running, so that the player leans into their movement.

I'm also slowly but surely moving towards vis_contents in many applications. Usually when icon_state is something I don't care for, which is quickly becoming the case across most of the project.

I'm unsure if I'll keep the body bounce during normal walking, as you're allowed to fire while walking and the bounce separates the tip of the gun from the point at which you'd fire and it looks pretty bad as a result.
In response to Bravo1
I kept thinking and waiting for you to wall run
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
I kept thinking and waiting for you to wall run

Hmm, best I could do is make it so that gravity can be realigned to a cardinal direction (I could do to any angle, but it would be way harder to make walking work on angles like that), but that's about it.

I'm taking the Dead Space 2 approach to Zero G: There is always a floor, no wall walking, but you can float around as you'd like.
Not sure if it has ever been show cased in your game but what about the possibility of Wall-Jumping? I believe its called like using a wall to jump onto a floor.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Not sure if it has ever been show cased in your game but what about the possibility of Wall-Jumping? I believe its called like using a wall to jump onto a floor.

That's not too hard to do code-wise. Making the art for it on the other hand... ehhh.

I don't think I have the need for it at the moment, considering I can make it so you can turn off gravity in rooms via access panels, which gets you to the same spots (if not more).

Looks very.. Yut-ish
Yut Put wrote:
bl4ck adam and i have very similar tastes

Yut taught me everything I know.
A few years back, Yut failed to find anyone that was on his level to work with. Instead of giving up, he set about the process of making a cloning vat out of a microwave. Unfortunately, he hit the potato setting and that's how we got Bl4ck Adam.

Bl4ck Adam is potato yut.

It's true. I'd rather spend my time lying around rather than finishing anything T_T

It doesn't look like much, but I'm working on magic system that allows players to craft their own spells.

The player has [x] amount of magic slots that they can use.
In each slot, they select a shape, element, and then add metamagic runes.

In the gif above, the spell is customized as such:
Shape: Missle
Element: Electricity
Metamagic(Bouncing Spell, Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, Widen Spell)

Bouncing causes missiles to bounce to a new target.
Widen causes missiles to deal AOE damage upon impact**
Maximize - Damage formula always selects the maximum value (1d6) always selects 6.
Empower - increases damage / spell duration by 50%

Each metamagic feat has a mana cost, which in turn would increase the spell's base mana cost as well!

(Each mob is dealt damage twice, because they take the AOE damage from widen spell, and the projectile's impact damage)

**Widen spell reduces the impact damage by 55% and uses that damage value for the AOE as well. Without the spell, the goblins would take 63 damage instead.
Hey, uh, I have some stuffs to show. I've been doing a lot of art and music stuff for a little game I've been pretty passionate about.
Here's a little tune for the opening cinematic to the game https://soundcloud.com/sinbxy/hallofwaoe
Here's some scenery from around the world

And, uh, here's some friendly folks!

Very early stages of development, but I post weekly in the BYOND Discord!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 329 330 331 332 333 ... 349 350 351