ID:2412987

BYOND Version:512.1456
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 70.0.3538.102
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Title. Icon editor.
I can't confirm this. When I was able to get my mouse wheel to work (which wasn't very often) it did work on the movie frame area. Or are you talking about the preview area, where the mouse wheel is irrelevant?

Your title doesn't actually provide enough information, but the closest thing to the words you used was the movie control and that does respond to the wheel for me.
In response to Lummox JR
I'm talking about the movie frame area. The MOUSE scrollwheel doesn't work there ever for me (Not the scrollbar, wich works just fine). Just tested it again. Don't know what else I could inform you.
I definitely had the mouse wheel work there. I plugged in another mouse to confirm and got the behavior I was expecting.

There was a slight flaw in the logic for the scrolling, but it shouldn't have been able to cause a serious problem unless your mouse wheel is extremely sensitive. Specifically, your mouse wheel would have to fire off delta values of 3 or less, or 1/40 of a normal scroll unit, in order for the broken logic to have been an issue. I'd recommend retesting in 512.1457 anyway, but other than seeing that one bit of messed-up logic that wouldn't impact anything I don't see anything wrong.
In response to Lummox JR
I'm able to make it work by doing any of the following:

Clicking any of the Tools in the left side of the Canvas
Clicking the input box of the Angle tool
Clicking either of the Zoom buttons on the Canvas
Clicking the Animate checkbox
Clicking either of the Zoom buttons on the Animate
Clicking any of the three direction buttons (1, 4, 8)
Clicking the Rewind checkbox
Marking either of the Loop circles
Clicking the input box of Loop Time(s)

=================

What doesn't make it work:

Clicking the movie frame area
Clicking any of the frames
Clicking any of the directions arrows/spaces inside the frame area
Clicking any of the Delay or Frame-Count areas inside the frame area
Clicking/Using any of the Pallete/Colors in use/Alpha colors/functions
Drawing (Using) the Canvas without clicking any of the tools before
Diminishing or Rising the number of layers
Any drag command
Any shortcurt command (Arrows, DEL, etc)
Any click command or button that isn't stated on the list above this one

=========

So the mouse scroll certainly does work on the frame area, the problem is, it is only activated sometimes, like explained above.

Another thing:
If I press and hold the scrollwheel and move the mouse, the scrollbar moves but I got a hang with it...
In response to NSBR
NSBR wrote:
What doesn't make it work:

Clicking the movie frame area
Clicking any of the frames
Clicking any of the directions arrows/spaces inside the frame area
Clicking any of the Delay or Frame-Count areas inside the frame area
Clicking/Using any of the Pallete/Colors in use/Alpha colors/functions
Drawing (Using) the Canvas without clicking any of the tools before
Diminishing or Rising the number of layers
Any drag command
Any shortcurt command (Arrows, DEL, etc)
Any click command or button that isn't stated on the list above this one

I tried the things you mentioned and was still unable to replicate your issue. Also I have no idea what you mean by "number of layers", as there are no layers in the icon editor.
In response to Lummox JR
Try to follow these steps: Open a project by opening a code file. Click the file area to see if the scrollwheel is reacting to it's scrollbar. Once it is, don't do anything on the list of things that make it work that I posted. Open an icon file that has a state. Open the state. Click the frame area. Try to scroll it... It doesn't scroll to me unless I do something on the list of stuff that make it work. Just opening the file or clicking the frame area doesn't activate it's scroll, making the last scroll active move instead (in this case the scroll on the file area).

Sorry, I meant number of frames, not number of layers.
In response to NSBR
Still having zero problems with this. The mouse wheel message is being interpreted properly every time. Perhaps you could get a video?
In response to Lummox JR
Here is a gif of me trying to scroll even after clicking the frame area. As you can see, the scroll in the file area is the one moving, even tho I clicked the frames: https://gyazo.com/3f64b82a3fde5cdbb17376c5e246b299

Here is after I click one of the things that I said made it work: https://gyazo.com/fa590c81b891411de4abab811859f638
In response to NSBR
How odd. I clicked in the file area first and moved that up and down, then opened up an icon and tried the movie. Nothing. I also tried opening an icon first, clicking and using the wheel in the file list, and then trying to use the wheel on the movie control after that. Still no problem. I wonder if there's something specific to your system that makes the mouse wheel message get swallowed up in certain circumstances.
In response to Lummox JR
Well... I don't really know what to tell you. Are you able to make a workaround with the information I provided?
In response to NSBR
It works for me. It works every time, regardless of circumstances. There's no way to work around a bug that doesn't exist on my end.