ID:845077

(See the best response by Higoten.)
I've got a problem that occurs every time I try to download something. It's like:

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

-------------------------------

Then I choose the Search online option and it says I've got to have byond, which I have at the latest version for Windows. Can someone tell how to solve this thing? thanks.
I would like to help you but could you describe your problem a little more and be more specific. Maybe with screenshot.
byond://FatAlbert.BeybladeElite/##version=35##webid=b8ff846c 26f458c5f20273baf9d24e72f87979126a4d046e

And then I choose the first option which takes me to:

http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/ protocolassoc.asp?protocol=byond

Like I told you before, I have byond's latest version. And this error happens when I try to download or play something(not by opening byond).
Best response
Hi DigimonFan,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling BYOND? Make sure you right click the .exe file and select "Run as administrator" from the menu

Alternatively, you can right click the "Play Now" button > Copy link location > Open the BYOND pager > File > Open Location > Paste > OK.

Good luck!
I redownloaded Byond, but this time it wasn't in zip. Now it finally works and I can download freely. Although, I'm curious, was the zip file bugged, or did I just have to redownload the thing? Thanks, Higoten.
In response to DigimonFan
DigimonFan wrote:
Although, I'm curious, was the zip file bugged, or did I just have to redownload the thing?

There are two types of files on the downloads page: the EXE installer and the ZIP. If you use the installer, it registers the BYOND protocol so your web browser knows how to handle it. If you use the zip, then you're just running the software directly without actually installing it. Usually you only want to grab the ZIP if you're testing bugs in earlier versions and don't want to reinstall over your current version. Otherwise you'll need the EXE installer to set everything up correctly.
That makes sense and next time I'll download the Exe Installer.