Ok lets add more to the list.

Idea 1 : Being able to use combinations in items. Such as arrow and bow(kinda obvious) but maybe something like arrow + rope + bow could drag an item from a distance up back to you.

Idea 2 : Being able to drink a potion which makes you invisible(makes monsters not see you too so you can walk around them)

Idea 3 : Kinda works around idea 2 but with the invisibility you should be able to perform ninja like moves like grabbing a monster from behind and dragging him/her into a corner or something before killing him/her so the other monsters dont notice(if you kill the monster and others are around then monsters would try attacking randomly and might hit you)

Idea 4 : Make a PVP dungeon. In this like 8 people would enter but only 1 is allowed to leave. They would have to fight for keys,items etc which would give them the edge(Maybe adding a possibility to close some doors or flip switches to allow some players to create disadvantages for others. Obviously big reward should go towards the winner.

Idea 5 : You should be able to setup barriers which could stop monsters from coming from a certain direction so to give time for a player to regain health(the barriers should be destructible by monsters so it wouldnt stop them all together)

Idea 6 : There should also be things like fires in a dungeon which you could put out with water which would be found somewhere in the dungeon.

Idea 7 : Some dungeons should be frozen which would make walking in them very hard(taking like 5-6 steps every 1 arrow press)

Idea 8 : There should also be NPCs in dungeons which could ask you for help. You could ignore them but if you help them they might join your party and help you fight.

Idea 9 : Kind of the repetition of idea 8 except here you should be able to hire some NPCs to go into the dungeon with you if your party doesnt have enough members.

Idea 10 : Make a feature where you are able to dig in the dungeon and when ya dig you might find a key or some money. This could be combined with riddles which would tell you were to dig to find keys or treasures. (I am not saying that you would dig deeper into the dungeon just that you would use a shovel to dig things out of the ground)

Well theres another 10. If I repeated any previous ideas I do apologise again.

Hope any of these are good.
By the way I was wondering since the prize is a membership is it the 1 year membership or 6 month one ?
In response to Dj dovis
Dj dovis wrote:
By the way I was wondering since the prize is a membership is it the 1 year membership or 6 month one ?

1 yr. And I'll judge the other ideas you mentioned asap. I'm omw to work and I have to leave a bit earlier than usual today but I didn't forget!
Ok. After ya judge the ones I posted I will post more. I just wanna know the score before I throw more at ya.
In response to Dj dovis
Dj dovis wrote:

Idea 1 : Being able to use combinations in items. Such as arrow and bow(kinda obvious) but maybe something like arrow + rope + bow could drag an item from a distance up back to you.

It could work for my game. It would take some doing. 1 point(item combination is fairly generic and would take some work on my part).

Idea 2 : Being able to drink a potion which makes you invisible(makes monsters not see you too so you can walk around them)

No need for a potion. Player can become invis.

Idea 3 : Kinda works around idea 2 but with the invisibility you should be able to perform ninja like moves like grabbing a monster from behind and dragging him/her into a corner or something before killing him/her so the other monsters dont notice(if you kill the monster and others are around then monsters would try attacking randomly and might hit you)

Don't think it would fit well unless I add a throw type skill for my game. BUT I'll give you three points because I need to flesh out the H2H system and this might be something I could add.

Idea 4 : Make a PVP dungeon. In this like 8 people would enter but only 1 is allowed to leave. They would have to fight for keys,items etc which would give them the edge(Maybe adding a possibility to close some doors or flip switches to allow some players to create disadvantages for others. Obviously big reward should go towards the winner.

Good idea. 3 points.

Idea 5 : You should be able to setup barriers which could stop monsters from coming from a certain direction so to give time for a player to regain health(the barriers should be destructible by monsters so it wouldnt stop them all together)

Already have this.

Idea 6 : There should also be things like fires in a dungeon which you could put out with water which would be found somewhere in the dungeon.

Seems overdone to me (Zelda) uses alot of enviromental obstacles, plus someone mentioned the same thing.

Idea 7 : Some dungeons should be frozen which would make walking in them very hard(taking like 5-6 steps every 1 arrow press)

Someone mentioned something like this in a previous post.
About a dungeon where traction slides.

Idea 8 : There should also be NPCs in dungeons which could ask you for help. You could ignore them but if you help them they might join your party and help you fight.

You already mentioned this.

Idea 9 : Kind of the repetition of idea 8 except here you should be able to hire some NPCs to go into the dungeon with you if your party doesnt have enough members.

It's possible. I haven't really fleshed out team play yet. 1 Point.

Idea 10 : Make a feature where you are able to dig in the dungeon and when ya dig you might find a key or some money. This could be combined with riddles which would tell you were to dig to find keys or treasures. (I am not saying that you would dig deeper into the dungeon just that you would use a shovel to dig things out of the ground)

Fable- Noooo thannnnkkks.

Well theres another 10. If I repeated any previous ideas I do apologise again.

Hope any of these are good.

Also I'd like to remind you that my game is a ninja themed game. It would be better to make suggestions that fit within that genre for better / more points. Also as a side note. I've noticed that alot of the things you mentioned are pretty conventional. I'm looking for interesting new ways or fairly original ideas. Basically I'm saying simply suggesting alot of things won't necessarily get you alot of points.

+ 7 points
ok so more ideas for your game would be something like this.

Also I think most of these should suit the theme of your game. I do apologise if I repeated any previous ones again.

Idea 1 : Make something like clones except that they would just move or stay in one spot and would take a single hit before collapsing basically tricking an opponent or monsters.

Idea 2 : Make weapons that can serve multiple purposes. Like the staff Avatar aang had which could be used for flight and fighting.

Idea 3 : Make a weapon that is made for ONLY 1 boss and thats it. Like a certain weapon could kill a boss but without it the boss could not be killed.

Idea 4 : Make throwable potions which you can find in a dungeon. These potions can cause status effects. So basically throwing them will inflict a status effect instantly if hit for like 20 seconds.

Idea 5 : Make berries of some sort that grow on bushes or trees or something in the dungeons which can be later brought up and brewed into useful things. Also it be cool if some berries were poisonous and that if brewed their effect of poison would increase basically making the potion hurt you more.

Ok well lets hope these are good. :)
Some more ideas to fit your game are :

idea 1 : Make it so people can equip a non-heavy shield(retaining the ninja status of the game) but allow the players to not use the shield by holding it on their back. If its on their back it can block off arrows or other throwing weapons to a certain extent before it breaks.

idea 2 : Make a boss in a dungeon which has like a ticking bomb for a head or something basically you have to kill him on a timed clock if ya want to win at all. This takes out all the people who cant act fast on bosses.

idea 3 : Make a ninja be able to de-materialise so he can walk through certain objects or doors(this be a good skill which could work together with the invisible skill). Obviously it might need some sort of potion or some scroll would have to be read for the effect to take action.
Another batch of ideas is ready :

Idea 1 : Lets paint a little picture here. Lets say that there is 10 levels of dungeons. In this dungeon it be level 3. In it there be like a danger room which would be like double to the strenght of the dungeon(so level 6 in this case) but it would wield epic rewards. My idea = Make danger rooms in some dungeons which players can access by paying some in-game currency or material.

Idea 2 : Make a sword which would have a charge attack as follows : The person stabs his sword into the ground and like 1-3 ticks later swords would rise from the ground surrounding the player wounding or killing anyone they hit.

idea 3 : Make PVP events in which you can pick from 3 special weapons. 1 is a jetpack which increases a players movement speed by a ton. 2nd is a huge shield which is very hard to break and provides cover for a larger area than just a person. 3rd is a sword that increases the attack of a player by a certain amount and also would increase the attack speed by a certain amount. Basically this would enhance players so even some of the weaker players could try to compete against the stronger ones by using strategy.

Well heres another 3.
Hope these help
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
Dj dovis wrote:

It could work for my game. It would take some doing. 1 point(item combination is fairly generic and would take some work on my part).

Don't think it would fit well unless I add a throw type skill for my game. BUT I'll give you three points because I need to flesh out the H2H system and this might be something I could add.

Good idea. 3 points.

It's possible. I haven't really fleshed out team play yet. 1 Point.

also I think ya miscounted here. Its actually 8 points since ya gave me two 3s and two 1s.
*Cracks Knuckles*
Let's begin.

Wind Boss
The boss continuously create gusts of wind in one of four directions throughout the fight. These gusts pushes players into the walls which are lined with hazards that deal damage or have other adverse effects when run into. The wind switches at random times throughout the fight. The gusts are strong and move the players toward them fairly quickly. Non-immobilized players can simply run in the other direction but at reduced speed. Moving perpendicularly to the gust doesn't effect speed. Moving in the direction of the gust increases speed. If players stand still to use charged spells or abilities that require a time to cast, they'll continue moving in the direction of the wind without being interrupted. The boss will also periodically cast an ability that stuns one player at random for a few second or until they hit a wall.

Players will have to be cautious about where they start casting spells and must be moving constantly to stay out of the wall hazards. Stunned players must be revived quickly by other players who can or be healed by the healers once they hit the wall. Overall not a too difficult fight but can prove challenging and confusing to newer players.

Nature Boss
Throughout the fight, this boss summons smaller monsters to fight for it. These smaller monsters can prove to be annoying if not dealt with immediately. As long as the monsters remain living, the boss heals itself depending on the number of monsters alive with an ability called "Kindred to Nature" The healing process is very slow but can be noticeable when monsters are left alive for too long. There are three different types of monsters that this boss summons. One monster is a standard beast, average hp and damage. The second monster inflicts a poison effect when it attacks, dealing damage over time for a short period. This creature is a little more damaging but doesn't have as many hit points. The last monster is a brute. Lower attack damage but has more health than the standard monster, they tend to be trouble for players since they stay longer, allowing for the boss to heal more.

Throughout the fight, players need to prioritize targets of damage, killing as many as they can as fast as possible so the boss doesn't have time to heal. Brutes should be handled first to keep them from lingering and the Poison monsters next as to not cause too much damage among the party.

Shadow Boss (Vampire)
This boss uses an ability called "Seething Dispair" throughout the fight. This ability increases the amount of energy required to use abilities for player. This can be a quick drainer for classes that use magic or other similar resources. Fortunately this ability only last for a few seconds. Another power that this boss uses is "Aura or Corruption." This ability Increases damage outputs by players and the boss alike, but reduces the effectiveness of healing abilities. The third ability this boss does is called "Cloak of Shadows." It randomly teleports the players around the room. This interrupts spells or abilities being cast and used. The boss becomes invisible for several seconds until one player is chosen at random. The boss then pops up beside this player and uses his last ability, "Embrace." The boss steals half the remaining health from the player and heals himself with it.

For players to succeed with this boss, they must be sure to watch the boss and what abilities he uses. Players can quickly become drained of resources if they don't follow what effects are active. Players may also have trouble with the "Embrace" ability, as it automatically steals half of the players remaining health. Victims become a target of priority for healers, but the boss is now that much farther from defeat, forcing the other players to make up for the lost progress.

Earth Boss
This is a tough boss with plenty of health. Periodically, he uses strong attacks to knock players away from him. He also uses the ability "Earthquake" which deals more damage to players depending on their proximity from the boss. Every 5% of health he is reduced, he spawns 5 small rock monsters with health equal to 1% of his own. These creatures can become pests if not dealt with quickly.

The key to this boss is managing the number of rock monsters to the bosses health. Attacking him too quickly will reduce his health faster but also spawn more of the rock monsters. If enough of them spawn, they can quickly overwhelm the players. Area of Effect abilities will be very useful in managing the smaller rock monsters.
For the record, I am a bit of a whore when it comes to boss battles.
In response to Solomn Architect
I do hope you're the one to win, though you claim to be using the very ideas you're posting in your game, which doesn't make them orriginal. You're posting actual content to be added, others are simply posting what they find in other games and passing them for their own ideas. And getting away with it.

Granted certain concepts with each of your boss battles have been done, and I could tell you where from. I wont. You don't stop at the concept, you think it out and make it yours.

Anyway - good luck.
Go ahead and scream my sources of inspiration to the world. I used to be a WoW addict from hell. The most fun part of that game was the epic boss fights and the flawless strategy required to defeat them. That's what made them such an accomplishment to beat. It broke the standard RPG mold of "Hack-Slash-Loot" and broke it well. That's something I wish more RPG's did. Teamwork based boss battles made every member of the group important and each had their own role in combat. I loved every moment of it.

I appreciate the compliment. Everything I posted here was never out of some primal need to win (I can always buy another membership. $24 isn't a bank breaker). I'm so free and willing to share my inspiration with everyone else. I guess is has something to do with my Pro-Piracy nature. I want things to be available to everyone. No one should ever be that one guy with all the idea's to himself. If I can inspire at least one person to do something they wouldn't have thought of, I feel accomplished. If they take that idea, change it and make it their own, I feel even better, because I know I just helped someone with the ability to help themselves achieve more.
In response to Solomn Architect
I understand, if I wished to win this contest myself, I would've tried a lot harder than listing off a bunch of stuff off the top of my head. But it's the princible of the matter on which I wish you to win this contest. You're the only one posting worthy of winning. You've by-far outmatched every other poster's ideas. Just one of your boss ideas is greater than everything anyone else has posted.

I personaly believe in getting what you've earned, not what you want. Anti-piracy policy with me. I don't mind my ideas coming out and being used, but I feel it'd take from my game. In which I'm trying to be as orriginal and unique as I can be. Plus the simple fact of people stealing ideas even when they're free to use them. BYOND is full of kids who simply want to have a game. Hince all the rips on BYOND. But they'll take things from free-use sources, or libs, or even their friends and claiming it as their own work.
Contest is officially Over. I'll look over all of the posts one last time and tally up the final points.
In response to Dj dovis
Dj dovis wrote:

idea 3 : Make a ninja be able to de-materialise so he can walk through certain objects or doors(this be a good skill which could work together with the invisible skill). Obviously it might need some sort of potion or some scroll would have to be read for the effect to take action.

I think it could work for my game with a few modifications. 3 points.
In response to Dj dovis
Dj dovis wrote:
Another batch of ideas is ready :

Idea 1 : Lets paint a little picture here. Lets say that there is 10 levels of dungeons. In this dungeon it be level 3. In it there be like a danger room which would be like double to the strenght of the dungeon(so level 6 in this case) but it would wield epic rewards. My idea = Make danger rooms in some dungeons which players can access by paying some in-game currency or material.

I thought dungeons always got harder as the player progressed?
Danger rooms are a good idea that I like though. 3 points.

Idea 2 : Make a sword which would have a charge attack as follows : The person stabs his sword into the ground and like 1-3 ticks later swords would rise from the ground surrounding the player wounding or killing anyone they hit.
Generic.

idea 3 : Make PVP events in which you can pick from 3 special weapons. 1 is a jetpack which increases a players movement speed by a ton. 2nd is a huge shield which is very hard to break and provides cover for a larger area than just a person. 3rd is a sword that increases the attack of a player by a certain amount and also would increase the attack speed by a certain amount. Basically this would enhance players so even some of the weaker players could try to compete against the stronger ones by using strategy.

None of that really fits for a ninja game.

After checking out the past posts I've come to the conclusion that the winner is..... ME. I never intended to pay out to this contest SUCKERS. LOL OLOLOLOLOL

Just trollin.

The winner is Solemn Architect with 32 points.

Awarded due to intense creativity and thoughtfulness. I am working to create a game that demands strategy and character building to succeed so it would be only right to have bosses that require teamwork and strategy to be defeated. Rather than just blatantly use his concepts I've instead learned a few new ways to approach creating boss characters other than the one I currently have. Thanks!

I'll also be awarding a second place prize to Vrocaan, who had 28 points (2nd place, 6 month membership) I actually pla n on including a few of his ideas in the game (a weapon and a few other things he mentioned.)

Thank you to everyone for their helpful suggestions and competing in the contest. I'll be awarding the prizes asap *most likely next paycheck, which will be 2 saturdays from now.
If you would, I'd just like to get the Paypal value of the Membership. I'm in need of a new hat and my fiance has my wallet tied when it comes to personal indulgences. I'll give you my paypal info if you need.
Sure that works.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5