In response to NNAAAAHH
For some people it's a matter of more exposure and getting something they made out there. I enjoy the little payment I've received for things I've developed(Feed) but the money isn't as good as seeing people playing a game that I made and enjoying it. As cheesy as it is, I enjoy bringing that happiness/entertainment to other people.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
It's sad that they have all these requirements, but still have games that totally suck on their site.

As much as that game looks horrible, a game made in BYOND isn't even comparable.
In response to Magnum2k
Magnum2k wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:
It's sad that they have all these requirements, but still have games that totally suck on their site.

As much as that game looks horrible, a game made in BYOND isn't even comparable.

Not sure if trolling or just trolling.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Not sure if trolling or just trolling.

I should be asking you that question.
"First, the game would have to use the steam API to log in, which would require DLL wizardry."

This is the biggest hurdle out of all of them.

No bigger hurdle exists than this. I'm not sure if this is even possible.

The other requirements you can work around. Surely someone dedicated to getting their game on Steam can work around that
On second thought, i'm not so sure adding steam integration to your game is such an impossible feat

Now that you can make a stand-alone executeable (.exe) for the game, all it would take now is to be able to wrap that .exe in the steamworks C++ SDK. If you are able to launch the exe in your program you will be able to get it running in Steamworks, adding steam achievements integration is a little more tricky. I might look into doing this actually.

Some minor C++ knowledge is necessary but the Steamworks SDK and information on how to use and to get your game working with it is available here:
https://partner.steamgames.com/

If you can manage to get that working, getting your byond game listed on steam greenlight won't be too difficult.
Page: 1 2