In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
If we get access to the DirectX Sprite.Transform matrices (it's in another feature request), it may be possible to emulate that 3D perspective, because we would be able to do rotations in 3 dimensions. However, a simple 2D turn like we have now is nowhere near enough.

The problem is that the transformations are specific to each client. Even if you can render the transformations on the client, the server still has to figure out which transformations are applied to each object for each client. If there was some way you could just assign each client a camera angle and have Dream Seeker know how to transform each object then it'd be practical.
please, im REALLY not talking about cammera angle here, im talking about the objects which move left to right in the game and make it look like its 3d when its not. seriously, it is feasible, look at the objects in the game
In response to Bumblemore
I don't think you know what you're talking about at all.
I think he's trying to talk about this part in the video, where the camera rotates around the center, while all the objects (except for the walls) are sprites. They appear to move around a 3D space while keeping the same appearance.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
I think he's trying to talk about this part in the video, where the camera rotates around the center, while all the objects (except for the walls) are sprites. They appear to move around a 3D space while keeping the same appearance.

Even so, the floor and walls are still 3D quads. It's a nice effect, for sure, but it's still using some 3D rendering.
kaiochaos got it
Page: 1 2