ID:154782

Hello, I need to do one Teleport and Summon verb with topic, but It's not working... I made it:

Summon2()
set desc = "() Create an object of any type"
set name = "Summon2"
set category = "Staff"
if(usr.ADM == "OFF")
usr<<"Você não é ADM e nao pode usar o comando"
del(usr)
var/html = "<html><body bgcolor=black text=#CCCCCC link=white vlink=white alink=white>"
var/L[] = PlayernoMundo // Playernomundo it's a list, when you log in the server it automaticly add you on it.
for(var/X in L)
html += "<a href=byond://?src=\ref[src];action=summon;type=[X]>[X]</a><br>"
usr << browse(html,"window=info")

client/Topic(href,href_list[],hsrc)
switch(href_list["action"])
if("summon")
var/mob/E = href_list["type"]
E<<"Pronto"
E.loc = locate(1,1,1)

But ingame appears Runtime error: cannot modify Luan.loc

anyone can help me make it?

Best Resgards,
Luan

Merry Xmas btw
Just a hunch, try moving the mob instead of the client.
In response to Lugia319
Ok, I get it...

mob/Topic(href,href_list[],hsrc)
switch(href_list["action"])
if("summon")
var/mob/E = href_list["type"]
for(var/mob/M in world)
if(E == M.name)
M.loc = locate(usr.x,usr.y-1,usr.z)
M.dir = SOUTH

It works well with this

Thanks you
In response to Luan12
Oh, I can't teleport or summon people who name cotain space in the nick, example Weapon's Seller

How can I fix this?

Thanks
In response to Luan12
There are two methods:

1) Instead of sending X = mob's name, use X = \ref text macro (I think it was something like type=\ref[X]... look up text macros in the DM reference). Then, in the Topic(), use locate(list["type"] <-- \ref code) to find the mob.

2) Encrypt the name via encrypt_HTML... or something like that. it's been a long time, look it up in the DM reference... and then decrypt it in the Topic()
In response to GhostAnime
I tried the second method and it doesn't work, when I use the verb appears at the game "cannot read "Luan".key), and I didn't understood the first method, can you explain with codes please? thanks
In response to Luan12
Luan12 wrote:
Oh, I can't teleport or summon people who name cotain space in the nick, example Weapon's Seller

if(E.name == M.name)

That's the quick and dirty solution to your problem (you're comparing the actual mob to the name). But I strongly suggest revising it entirely, you're putting way too much effort into it.

You need to backup a little, and think about what you're doing, what you've done and what you've already got. You've already done the loop (in the verb to get the list of clients, I assume), so you don't need to do it again.

For the sake of example, here is a quick and dirty method of getting a list of players in an HTML window:
mob
verb
Summon()
var/html = ""
for(var/client/C) html += "<div><a href=?src=\ref[C.mob]&c=summon>[C.mob.name]</a> ([C]|[C.key])</div>"
src << browse(html, "window=summon")

As you can see, we've done a loop though the clients, and grabbed the mobs reference\ref[C.mob] and passed a command for summonc=summon. We did that to make managing topics easier.

So now we've got our stock Topic() setup:
client
Topic(href, href_list[], hsrc)
. = ..()

We added the c[ommand] parameter to make managing topics easier, we'll do this with a switch() statement. From there we'll proceed to make the summon verb.

client
Topic(href, href_list[], hsrc)
. = ..()
switch(href_list["c"])
if("summon")
var/mob/M = locate(href_list["src"])
M.loc = locate(src.mob)
src << "You have summoned [M.name]."
M << "[src.mob.name] has summoned you!"

Because we passed a reference to the clients mob in all the links, we can easily make a variable that points directly to it, without the need to loop through clients or mobs againvar/mob/M = locate(href_list["src"]).

Then we set their location to our own as you'd expect, and give everyone a message of what's going on.

Teleport will be much the same, only with the directions reversed.
In response to Tiberath
Wow!! It's amazing man, you did it so easier, you rocks!! ahahah

How can I put the NPC's in the list too?? but only once, to don't pollute the list, you know??

Thanks by the way
In response to Luan12
Change

for(var/client/C)

to
for(var/mob/M in world)
In response to A.T.H.K
if I put mob/M appears all the NPCS's, more than one time... I wanna only once you know?
In response to Luan12
Luan12 wrote:
if I put mob/M appears all the NPCS's, more than one time... I wanna only once you know?

Well yes because you haven't grouped them at all, I simply displayed ALL the mobs in the world...