ID:155010

UpdateWB()
winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 1,1")
src << output("White:","wb")
winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 2,1")
src << output("[White]","wb")
winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 1,2")
src << output("Black:","wb")
winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 2,2")
src << output("[Black]","wb")

This is the code I am currently using to update a kind of score board. My question is, is there a way to efficiently cut it down?

Also, I have a design philosphy question. There is a lot of empty space from this. What would be an appropriate way to deal with it? Should I just shrink the thing and put a label beside it with a pretty picture? Is there an alignment setting that I could use that could make it prettier?
Lugia319 wrote:
>       UpdateWB()
> winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 1,1")
> src << output("White:","wb")
> winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 2,1")
> src << output("[White]","wb")
> winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 1,2")
> src << output("Black:","wb")
> winset(src,"default.wb","current-cell = 2,2")
> src << output("[Black]","wb")
>

This is the code I am currently using to update a kind of score board. My question is, is there a way to efficiently cut it down?

output() has a special format for the control argument that allows you to specify the cell:
        UpdateWB()
src << output("White:","wb:1,1")
src << output("[White]","wb:2,1")
src << output("Black:","wb:1,2")
src << output("[Black]","wb:2,2")

Unfortunately, it's only mentioned in the Skin Reference and not output()'s entry. I wonder if Lummox JR ever got around to updating his interface articles to use the shorter format...

Also, I have a design philosphy question. There is a lot of empty space from this. What would be an appropriate way to deal with it? Should I just shrink the thing and put a label beside it with a pretty picture? Is there an alignment setting that I could use that could make it prettier?

It's kind of hard to visualize, can you post a screenshot?
In response to DarkProtest
Oh cool, didn't know about the colon thing! Thanks. As for the image...

Photobucket

I mean, I could increase the font, but is it really a good idea?