ID:155076

Alright, so ive been screwing around with this for about 2-3 weeks now, and im unable to figure out how to do this, maybe its the lack of time ive had to work, im unsure. Anyway, how would you allow a mob with a Higher Speed stat, to move faster than one with a lower speed stat? And make it rather different, as if a mob with 1 speed attacking/moving, and a mob with 10 speed attacking/moving had significantly different timing.
I try to use speed as a modifier when I apply it. A speed of 10 results in a multiplier of 1 (10/X). Soooooo, you could try something like this.

mob
Move()
sleep(10/src.Speed)
..()

The main issue that I've come across is that it seems hella hard to balance (and possibly not fun for people at low levels having a long delay). But hey, if you figure it out, send me a page man.

You can play with the numbers a bit to figure out what you want, but that's the general idea.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
I try to use speed as a modifier when I apply it. A speed of 10 results in a multiplier of 1 (10/X). Soooooo, you could try something like this.

> mob
> Move()
> sleep(10/src.Speed)
> ..()
>

The main issue that I've come across is that it seems hella hard to balance (and possibly not fun for people at low levels having a long delay). But hey, if you figure it out, send me a page man.

You can play with the numbers a bit to figure out what you want, but that's the general idea.

Hmm, i was trying * + - and all, never thought of using /... and players wont have these delays, only mobs will.
In response to XxLucifersJesterxX
XxLucifersJesterxX wrote:
Lugia319 wrote:

> > mob
> > Move()
> > sleep(10/src.Speed)
> > ..()
> >

Hmm, i was trying * + - and all, never thought of using /... and players wont have these delays, only mobs will.

Players are mobs?
You can add more clauses but yeah, hope it works for you.
In response to Ocean King
Ocean King wrote:
XxLucifersJesterxX wrote:
Lugia319 wrote:

> > > mob
> > > Move()
> > > sleep(10/src.Speed)
> > > ..()
> > >

Players are mobs?

Mobs as in enemies/AIs, honestly that should have been obvious.
"Mobs as in enemies/AIs, honestly that should have been obvious."

Erm, a Mobile Object. AKA, any object designed to move freely. Includes players, AI, trains, cars, or bouncy balls. Don't try being condesending when they made a valid point.
In response to Kaamos
The message LJ was sending was understood. There was no real need to point out that mobs means any "mobile"
mob/Move()
if(usr.speed<=20)
usr.step_size=8
if(usr.speed>=20 && usr.speed<=50)
usr.step_size=16
..()

I done mine like that and I had my fps=30 for a Naruto game, it seems to be effective.
In response to SerenityGames
Why are you doing this every time they move? Why not do it on login and when their speed changes?