ID:138971

Code:
obj //IMPORTANT OBJECTS
var/obj/Piece/RealPiece //

Move_Cards //Move Cards needs to be fixed.
icon = 'Graphics.dmi'
New()
verbs += /obj/Piece/proc/Move_Spaces
Click()

verb/Use(mob/Player/M in view(0))
src = M
src.UseCard(icon_state)
usr << "Feature not implemented yet."
Piece
var
mob/owner // This is here so the piece can connect with the mob who owns it
moving // This is so Click can know if the piece is still moving or done.
movecarding = 0 // If the player is using a movecard..

proc
Move_Spaces(spaces) //This handles spaces to move.
moving = 1
usr << "You rolled a [spaces]!"
sleep 10 //Sleep for one second so everyone can look at what they got.
while(spaces-- > 0) //While the spaces are over 0, make sure I'm with my piece.
owner.loc = src.loc //If the user isn't focused, then it doesn't matter because he's with his piece.

step(src,src.dir)
sleep(3.3) //If it doesn't sleep, the proc kind of crashes.
moving = 0
if(movecarding)
Land()
movecarding = 0
else
usr << "Use a card?"
sleep(20)

Land()

mob/Player/proc/UseCard(number)
piece.movecarding = 1
piece.Move_Spaces(number)

Problem description:

Ugh, I can't figure out how to get my Mob's Piece obj to Move_Spaces(icon_state) when I Click on a Move Card in the inventory. As you can see, I've tried adding the Move_Spaces proc as verbs to Move Cards so it could recognize it and move my Piece with the proc, but to no avail. I've tried making a verb and setting the mob in the argument, and I know click is blank, it's like that because well, it didn't work either when I was trying to achieve my goal. I've been stuck on this for awhile sadly, and I'm growing more and more desperate, I don't care if you slap me in the face, just help me out and quick.

-Thanks a lot.

This is probably no help. but does an obj have a direction? seeing as src is your piece.

step(src,src.dir)

Do you have to set the pieces direction too?
In response to Slic3y
Because of what I'm trying to achieve, yes it does have to have a direction, and yes objects do have directions. I think I ran into a problem before in my code because the direction wasn't set.
You probably need to do a verb setting.
If the card is in the player's contents, then you can use
<code>set src in usr.contents</code>
(Add it to the Move_Spaces proc)
Or, if it's not, you could use world, etc.

I think that's what you were asking.
In response to Complex Robot
Does anyone also mind explaining to me why I can't use src = usr, then src."flinching". DM doesn't know what it is.

Complex, what exactly is set src in usr contents doing and adding the /obj/Move_Cards to /obj/Piece messed things up a bit since the Move_Card seemed to call the proc. (The move card appeared on the map and moved instead of the mob/Player's obj/Piece o.o)

I need the Move_Card object to find mob/Player and reference his vars and mob/Player's vars, I can't seem to find a way to do that..
In response to Truseeker
By chance, did you looked up what src actually is?

src is the sorce of that verb/proc, the container. If you try to overwrite it, bad things will happen.

You should call/use procedures/variables using variables that are typecast such as the "M" in your verb has the path /mob/Player and inherits all proc/verbs/vars associated to that path:
var/path/Variable
ex:
var/mob/X <-- X has the proc/vars/etc of /mob...
var/obj/Item/I <-- I has the properties of /obj/Item

Make sure whatever you assign to the variable belongs to that path (otherwise you'll get runtime errors if you try to access something that doesn't have it, ex: trying to access the 'hp' variable defined in a /mob but the variable had an /obj referened)
In response to Truseeker
Truseeker wrote:
Does anyone also mind explaining to me why I can't use src = usr, then src."flinching". DM doesn't know what it is.

."flinching"? That's not proper syntax. Maybe src.flinching or src.vars["flinching"] (Both are identical, but one ignore type.)

Complex, what exactly is set src in usr contents doing
This makes the verb available if the object (card?) is in usr.contents.

I need the Move_Card object to find mob/Player and reference his vars and mob/Player's vars, I can't seem to find a way to do that..

var/mob/Player/P = usr
if (istype(P))
P.somevarname = something
In response to Complex Robot
Complex Robot wrote:
Truseeker wrote:

."flinching"? That's not proper syntax. Maybe src.flinching or src.vars["flinching"] (Both are identical, but one ignore type.)

Complex, what exactly is set src in usr contents doing
This makes the verb available if the object (card?) is in usr.contents.

> var/mob/Player/P = usr
> if (istype(P))
> P.somevarname = something
>

Thanks ComRO, I kind of figured that out a little while ago. Still, thanks a lot you guys.