ID:155214

here my issue i finally managed to get a beam attack into my a game i am developing for fun (Trying to keep it away from DBZ due to Funimations crying over fan games that increased the popularity of their shows I mean hell I did not start watchin bleach till I played a bleach game on byond) but any way my question is this my beam attack fires and the trail appears but the trail does not vanish after the attack hits a solid object so how would i get this done is what i am asking

Energy Attack Code
 mob
skill
verb
Enegry_Blast()
set category = "Specil Techs"

if(usr.safe)
return
if(!usr.firing)
view(8) << "<b>[usr]: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
usr.firing = 1
usr.Ki -= 0
var/K = new/obj/Eatk(usr.loc)
K:Gowner = usr
K:dir = usr.dir
walk(K,usr.dir)
sleep(50)
usr.firing = 0

Energy Attack Object Code
obj
Eatk
icon = 'BeamAttacks.dmi'
icon_state = "head"
density = 1
layer = 100
New()
spawn(100)
del src
Bump(A)
if(ismob(A))
var/mob/M = A
if(M == src.Gowner)
del src
return

var/mob/O = src.Gowner
var/damage = O:Ki * 1.2
if(damage < 1)
damage = 1
M.elevel-= damage
src.loc = M.loc
view(O,8) << "<b><font color = red>[O] hit [M] with his Enegry Blast for [damage] damage!"

if(istype(A,/turf/))
var/turf/T = A
if(T.density)
del(src)
if(istype(A,/obj/))
var/obj/T = A
src.loc = T.loc
Move()
var/k = new/obj/ETrail(src.loc)
k:dir = src.dir
..()
obj
ETrail
layer = 100
icon = 'BeamAttacks.dmi'
icon_state = "middle"

I will be changing Ki into something else but I have not come up with a better name for the energy used to make the attacks and I dont wanna use mana or spirit. sorry for this log post with stuff that has nothing to do with the question but would a Yu Yu Hakusho game be a good idea I know they had them in the past but does anyone think it has a future on byond
Modify the objects Del() and delete the corresponding trails there.
In response to Neimo
thanx I for it I cant belive it was so simple all i had to do was

obj
ETrail
layer = 100
icon = 'BeamAttacks.dmi'
icon_state = "middle"
New()
..()
spawn(8)
del(src)
In response to Wrath69
I wouldn't suggest doing it that way, but if that's how you want to do it then do it.

In my opinion, you'd be better off deleting the trails when the core projectile deletes.
In response to Neimo
I'm a beginner at this, but wouldn't it be better to also have an if statement that would delete the trail if the front of the beam were deleted by bumping something