ID:181138

I'm trying to fix a wire that I have to remove my keyboard to get to. In the directions, it literally says: Unlock the(6) Keyboard Locks

They are little, plastic tabs which get in the way of me lifting up the keyboard...which, by the way, is literally what I am supposed to do afterwards:

I'm supposed to grab the center of my keyboard and pry it up.

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5251-1005 laptop. I am following this tutorial (It is a PDF):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10452754/ SG_Aspire_5251_5551_5551G_04282010.pdf

Currently, until I can do this, I'm stuck with my laptop bottom unscrewed and non-functional. I cannot get these locks to unlock, or manage to figure out how I would pry it open properly afterwards. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
I have different laptop but it seems to have 4 locks in similar place. They're simple push buttons which literally hold keyboard from falling out. However they're on springs so I have no idea how to hold them all pushed down and pull keyboard up at the same time.
If you have similar locks you could try to pull it up and start unlocking, keyboard deformation should hold locks opened till you open them all.
If you won't apply too much force there's no harm in trying.

Good luck.
In response to Zaoshi
Thanks. I used a flathead screwdriver to push the tabs fully in, and they stayed in! I just hope they come out later, lol!
In response to Zaoshi
Yeah, everything is working great. However...those locks have not popped out again. I can always shove a tiny piece of paperclip in to replace them, but I really don't want to do that. Any suggestions?
In response to OrangeWeapons
That's strange, maybe yours work like buttons? Try to press them again, maybe it'll go out.