ID:132299

I only wish that I could find Royalty-Free FREE Pixel art on the internet with a Google Search. Alas, that is not an option. Searching returns graphics, background, and music. Never can I find legitimate Pixel Art that I may use in my projects. Why is this? Is there not a small group of artists somewhere that will give the Programmers a hand? Does anybody have a link I could go to? I'm talking the basics, here. Your turfs. Grass, water, rocks, trees. A person. A warrior, a knight, a monk. And I'm specifically looking for limited-color art. I don't want a grass tile with 8 different colors in it, or a mob with 12. I want a 5-color person that I can use to walk around and use in my game! Link me up, please, Byond community! Any links are welcome!
Try http://opengameart.org/, They have sound as well
In response to ExPixel
Is this legal? I hope so, because I'm also searching for pixel art.
In response to Hashir
It is as long as you are given permission to use the art. The website for which I provided a link uses licenses for everything and you may use the art on there freely as long as you give credit to those who require it.
In response to ExPixel
Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing that link!! I really needed something like this for my project :D
In response to ExPixel
OpenGameArt.org is a community that brings like-minded coders and artists together for the purpose of creating Open Source video games, by providing a human-edited, searchable database of freely-licensed art resources.

What do they mean when they say "Open Source video games?"
In response to Zaltron
It seems complicated to me as well, as I'm not a lawyer. But judging by some of the licenses it means you either are not allowed to make a profit off of games that use that art or you must distribute your code in an open-source manner.

For example, in art with the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license you must credit the author in whatever way they specify and anything built upon the art must be released under the same or a similar license to the CC-BY-SA 3.0. You'd be better off hiring a lawyer to figure out all the legal mumbo-jumbo in these licenses though.
In response to Zaltron
Open source is just as it says, the source material is open for all to view. This in itself applies no restrictions on making money on such resources, or their distribution.

Typically there will be a requirement to pass on or reference the material in source-form if you distribute your derivative work. Some Creative Commons licenses may restrict the monetary gain aspect, but I'd find such a license counter-productive in this case.