ID:181141

Can you guys post the best free music making software you know of? I'd like to create music for my games, as long as it's free and not a trial, I'd appreciate it.

-Thanks
Are you looking for midi sequencers? If your not, pretty much anything that comes with samples of actual instruments is going to be fairly expensive.
In response to Jotdaniel
Jotdaniel wrote:
Are you looking for midi sequencers?

Yeah, I never knew what a midi sequencer was until I looked it up on wikipedia a few minutes ago and I got a list of freeware midi sequencers, but some of the music creation freewares I've used such as Babya Logic and TuxGuitar weren't listed, but Babya does have a lot of instruments. I don't want to spend to much time trying to learn TuxGuitar if there's better software out there with more instruments. (Does TuxGuitar even use any other instrument other than the Guitar?)

Thanks for the previous info Jot. The freeware I'm looking for is basically anything that lets you place different instrument sounds in any place and then mix the instruments to make it sound like music. Also, are their any freeware Midi Sequencers you would suggest? If the program made it easy to put music together and had a broad range of instruments (drums and a guitar for instance), I'd be willing to learn it.

-Thanks
In response to Truseeker
Anvil Studio is decent for midi, they have a free version.
In response to Jotdaniel
Jotdaniel wrote:
Anvil Studio is decent for midi, they have a free version.

I checked it out and downloaded it. It's a bit complex as I'm not that experienced in music, but it's still a lot better then the one I was using previously, Thanks a lot!