ID:155508

Seriously, it seems like much of the defualt CSS is locked into and has to be worked around. Things are split up, in no particular grouping, so you have to change many individual items instead of changing all of them, then changing again ones that you want different later in your code.

I'm trying to make a basic CSS with different borders and such, but it just isn't working out. Does anyone have a basic CSS that just has borders and all-one-color text?
Lol, I guess they wanted the page to be as dynamic as possible so they tried to split things up to make it easier to edit smaller portions of the page all at once making it so that you could have more customization.
Post what you're trying and I'll try to explain why it isn't working as you expected.
In response to DarkCampainger
Well, for one, I'm pretty sure I used to simply be able to edit my body's background and font color, and it would take effect on my entire page.

What I really enjoyed was being able to manipulate everything on the page, then modifying any specifics later on in my code.
In response to OrangeWeapons
OrangeWeapons wrote:
Well, for one, I'm pretty sure I used to simply be able to edit my body's background and font color, and it would take effect on my entire page.

What I really enjoyed was being able to manipulate everything on the page, then modifying any specifics later on in my code.

Nope, you could never do that (well, maybe with the !important flag). With the way Cascading Style Sheets work, the more specific the reference, the more precedence the property has.

I'll write you up a quick CSS that lets you set all the colors from one place. But you could also check the CSS guild to see if they already have one.
Here you go:

The "Create your own CSS" CSS

Also, if you want to start from scratch, so that all elements would inherit their colors from body, just don't include the BYOND style sheet (uncheck the check-box)
Thanks!