ID:132309

Does BYOND really have to join this f'ing bandwagon?

Its bad enough I see their logo when I open my cupboard and its there on my breakfast serial box. I'm not on facebook, and I don't want to see their logo everywhere I go.

Please please please remove that small f icon off of our hub pages or at least to a place out of sight that I don't have to see it every time I go on a game's hub.

Acebloke wrote:
Does BYOND really have to join this f'ing bandwagon?

Its bad enough I see their logo when I open my cupboard and its there on my breakfast serial box. I'm not on facebook, and I don't want to see their logo everywhere I go.

Please please please remove that small f icon off of our hub pages or at least to a place out of sight that I don't have to see it every time I go on a game's hub.

<Rage Quit>

Seconded.

(I refuse to touch facebook.)

<Rage Quite>
Stephen Badger likes this.
In response to Jotdaniel
Jon Moss likes this too.
Acebloke wrote:

I do not use Facebook, but I really see no problem with a small icon on our hub pages. You can easily avoid clicking it and if it helps bring BYOND to the masses, great!
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
You can easily avoid clicking it and if it helps bring BYOND to the masses, great!

Only if anyone actually clicks it.
Write an extension or plugin for your browser to hide it. >:D
In response to Super Saiyan X
I second this. If you want to hide it, then write a script to hide it. I'm sure there is some small percentage of BYOND that uses these buttons.
In response to Calus CoRPS
Calus CoRPS wrote:
Acebloke wrote:

I do not use Facebook, but I really see no problem with a small icon on our hub pages. You can easily avoid clicking it and if it helps bring BYOND to the masses, great!

I have a problem with it there. I don't like facebook and do not want to support its use in anyway. It's not that I just don't want to see it, I don't want it attached to anything that I do.
The only thing worse than people who are obsessed with Facebook are the people who passionately hate it.

The reality is that Facebook is where most people spend a lot of their time when they're on the internet. Anyone looking to promote their brand or product online who ignores Facebook or Twitter is doing themselves a huge disservice.

Trying to say that BYOND ought to get rid of the Facebook buttons just because you don't use Facebook yourself is like saying that companies shouldn't advertise on television simply because you don't own a TV. It doesn't make any sense, and BYOND has no reason to pay any attention to your complaint.
In response to Silk Games
No one is asking for it to be removed in it's entirety, just the option of having it on your hub pages.
When you're at a school where everyone has a facebook... You have a facebook... Not that I use it often or like the idea of Byond joining the bandwagon but just saying.
I agree with silk wholeheartedly. Never thought I'd say THAT..
In response to Jotdaniel
You're free to advertise your game without the Hub. The listings are a service to BYOND users, if BYOND wants a Facebook presence by means of letting people share an item on their listing that's up to BYOND. It's like those free blog sites, they generally force all those 'share to' buttons on their listings too.
Silk Games wrote:
The only thing worse than people who are obsessed with Facebook are the people who passionately hate it.

The reality is that Facebook is where most people spend a lot of their time when they're on the internet. Anyone looking to promote their brand or product online who ignores Facebook or Twitter is doing themselves a huge disservice.

Trying to say that BYOND ought to get rid of the Facebook buttons just because you don't use Facebook yourself is like saying that companies shouldn't advertise on television simply because you don't own a TV. It doesn't make any sense, and BYOND has no reason to pay any attention to your complaint.

To be fair, its been on BYOND for awhile anyway, but I just cracked yesterday.

I also think, in your rant against both extreme ends, you've done the same thing. Meh.

Edit, also in your analogy, you suggest that people can't complain about TV advertising when they don't have a tv. Well I do have a BYOND account, and I do have hub pages, so yes, I do actually have to see it so its not the same thing (but I'm sure everyone got what you meant, me included).
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
You're free to advertise your game without the Hub. The listings are a service to BYOND users, if BYOND wants a Facebook presence by means of letting people share an item on their listing that's up to BYOND. It's like those free blog sites, they generally force all those 'share to' buttons on their listings too.

Just getting fed up of seeing it absolutely everywhere, that's all.

I'm not kidding, it really is on the side of my cereal box.
If Facebook was a country it would be the 3rd largest just under china and india...

I try to stay off of Facebook but, its great advertising and great for byond.
In response to Duelmaster409
Duelmaster409 wrote:

Danbriggs likes this.
In response to Danbriggs
Matt Slaughter likes this.
Page: 1 2