ID:132393

I am trying to set something up where if I am using Internet Explorer, I have a difference on my CSS. However, this is not working properly. I feel that it may very well be possible that it isn't supported. This is an example of what I am attempting to do.

<style type="text/css">
.body{background:red;}
</style>

<!--[if IE]>
<style type="text/css">
.body{background:blue;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

No, you aren't allowed to close the style tag, as that would allow you to put whatever you wanted into the html.
In response to DarkCampainger
Man...I guess I should request the support of some sort of IE-Specific support then. Because I feel that my CSS looks really nice, but is un-readable due to IE not supporting Alpha images.
In response to OrangeWeapons
I think it would be best if people just stopped designing websites to work on IE so it's forced to either follow standards or go away.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the custom CSS for member sites is embedded straight into the website source and not linked from an external file.

If that's the case, then you should be able to use your <!--[if IE]> without using any HTML style tags.
In response to Tiberath
You would be able to, but < and > are filtered out by the website.

EDIT: It's a little more complicated than this.
Using
begin<!--[if IE]>
.body{background:blue;}
<![endif]-->end

Is filtered to
beginend
In response to SuperAntx
That's the smartest thing I've heard today.
In response to Nickr5
Good point. Completely forgot about that filter. This requires further thought.

There might still be a way, and if there is, it'll be patched relatively quickly, as it does act as a security flaw. I reported it ages ago, but didn't hear anything back about it.