ID:181311

So, according to their own stat tracking, there are almost more people that want to pay a monthly fee to have a server hosted, than there are that actually want to play the game?
They've released yet another patch, over a month after release now, to make the game mostly playable. Its still not perfect, but at least its more stable than constant frame rate stuttering and BS lag kills. This version is pretty much what it should have been on release day, if even this poor of a product, especially considering how polished the previous CoD games were. They've lost like 80% of their players already, and I can surely understand why.
Eww, glad I didn't get the PC version of Black Ops. The ps3 version has about 800k players at peak time, and 160k is the lowest I have ever seen. The game has been mostly stable-- probably the most annoying thing is connection problems from time to time. However, I had the same problems on MW2; it is just the nature of match making...I don't really get too much lag or poor framerate on the ps3. The only time it lags is when there is a crappy host, but MW2 had the same problem.
In response to Soldierman
Soldierman wrote:
The ps3 version has about 800k players at peak time, and 160k is the lowest I have ever seen.

I find that hard to believe, are you adding an extra 0 onto those numbers?
In response to Falacy
Nope, there is currently 543,957 players online.