ID:156258

I'm using an external MySQL server in my current project. One of the core features is the icons table:
icons (iconID, iconFile)
where iconFile is a longblob.

I have no idea how to store an icon to the iconFile column using Dantom.DB. The documentation is rather sparse and none of the examples I have found help with this particular issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
It should work like any other query, however, there may be a limit on how much data you can actually send at once. Not sure.
In response to Nadrew
My problem is that I'm not certain how to reference the icon (stored in var/icon/I, which may not have a filename because it could be generated at runtime) in my INSERT or UPDATE query. I have a workaround below that converts the file to text and places it directly in the query, but I was hoping for a way to preserve it as binary data without the extra layer of abstraction.

var/savefile/S = new()
S << I
var/txt = S.ExportText("/")
var/queryString = "INSERT INTO icons (iconId, iconFile) \
VALUES (
[dbcon.Quote(hash)], [dbcon.Quote(txt)]);"
var/DBQuery/query = dbcon.NewQuery(queryString)
query.Execute()
In response to Shadowdarke
I honestly can't think of any other method, you could store the raw text generated by the file itself (not the savefile raw, the file-system raw). But that's basically the same thing, except one lets you display the icon in the browser as a png without any extra work.