ID:156561

I have a game called Legend Of Zelda RPG and I was wondering if I could translate it to japanese and call it Zelda No Detsu RPG.
Just in case you know what I mean by this, I mean:

English:
src << "Welcome to Legend Of Zelda RPG!"

Japanese:
src << "ようこそゼルダӗ 8;アクションの伝&# 35500;に!"

Is it possible to do that in DM Code?
BYOND only supports latin-type characters. You should be able to write in Spanish/Portuguese/French/etc, but languages like Japanese and Chinese won't work directly.
In response to Destroy
Destroy wrote:
BYOND only supports latin-type characters. You should be able to write in Spanish/Portuguese/French/etc, but languages like Japanese and Chinese won't work directly.

Oh, Ok.
In response to Narutorox123456
As the other poster mentioned, it isn't directly possible, but that's not to say it can't be done - and quite easily at that.

You can simply draw the Japanese characters, and then make a procedure to switch for you.
In response to Speedro
there are 20,000+(forget if thats just kanji) japanese characters...i don't think anyone has that much patience.
You could replace any labels or outputs with browser controls, then it should just depend on the players having the language properly installed on their machine.

To simulate an output control with a browser control, look at this demo:
Keeth.browserout

If you want to do something flashier since you're going through the trouble anyway:
Skyspark's Browser Output with jQuery Article

Keep in mind that you will likely have to replace the input control as well, to allow players to type in Japanese. You can probably put them both in the same browser control and work some magic with Topic() to make that work...
In response to Masschaos100
In response to OrangeWeapons
would still take hours, and i think dmi files have a limit of some sort :P
In response to Masschaos100
If I remember correctly, from one of the version 4.0 notes, you can export a font file via browse_rsc and use that font family with no issue in readability to the person receiving it (though it's more for HTML-based text than anything else).

Can anyone confirm or expand on this?