ID:156620

Is there any way to prevent Dream Seeker from saving controls created at runtime in the skin file? Or perhaps a way to force a client to download a fresh copy of the skin file?

I just finished writing a minimap library, typed the last word in the documentation, and then realized it all explodes in a fiery hail-storm if you dare to insult its honor by rebooting.

Failing the above, is there any way to get a list of panes? winget(player, null, "windows") doesn't seem to include them.

I have a few hacky (very hacky) ideas of how to work around this, but they won't be pretty and might just crush my soul.

So I thought I'd ask here first.
Control Freak, if I recall, will reset the controls each time you reconnect.
In response to Ter13
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in this case! I guess it still counts as the "world's skin", so it loads it anyway.

Thanks regardless :(
In response to DarkCampainger
That's really odd. How are you making changes to your interface? I've never had an issue with runtime changes becoming "sticky".

Are you modifying your macros at runtime?
In response to Ter13
I'm creating label and child controls, and panes.
In response to DarkCampainger
That really shouldn't be sticking. As a possible workaround, try to test for the undesired modifications and delete them if need be.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
That really shouldn't be sticking. As a possible workaround, try to test for the undesired modifications and delete them if need be.

That's my plan. I'm going to stick some data in a hidden label, and use that to remove any left-overs. Still a pain in the butt, and a lot of time lost to winset/get calls, but heck, it works. And the sooner I finish, the sooner I can sleep

Thanks for the suggestions :)