ID:132625

From the DM Reference for Isometric Maps:
Screen objects (in client.screen) are always drawn on top of all isometric tiles.

This keeps one from adding a nifty background to isometric maps, which are prone to displaying large portions of empty space along their edges.

Could it be possible to have a special setting that would draw a screen object UNDER all isometric tiles?
There is a way, add objects to players screen, to fill whole screen, and set it's layer to TURF_LAYER-1
In response to Ripiz
Give me sample code and I'll believe you.
In response to Ripiz
Ripiz wrote:
There is a way, add objects to players screen, to fill whole screen, and set it's layer to TURF_LAYER-1

As Vermolius already said, that won't work in isometric mode. Layering in isometric mode is based on position as well as layer, and screen objects always appear on TOPDOWN_LAYER.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
No comment as to whether this is feasible?
In response to Vermolius
It's entirely feasible; the question is specifically how it would be implemented (a special layer like TOPDOWN_LAYER makes sense, but what number that would be would need some thought) and what kind of priority it would have in our to-do list.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Thanks for addressing the feature request. I hope to see this implemented eventually.
The way I got around those large black bars on the top/bottom of the isometric map was to make its width 2x its height.
ex:
width=500, height=250

Then just offset the map in the skin to the left of 0 so that it would be centered.

To find out how far to move it left, take the difference between the width and height, divide by 2.

In this case (500-250)/2 = 125. So set the map's "x" location to -125 and voila!
In response to Gunbuddy13
Yes, this is practically what we're doing now, but it's an ugly workaround, considering maps have to be so much larger than their meaningful content.