ID:157611

I'm trying to make a button in my interface that calls the character's more verb with the argument "Hello World", but it keeps giving me the error " Unrecognized or inaccessible verb: more("Hello "

I'm wondering if it's possible to pass arguments through the button's command parameter? If not, is there a way around this?
try to close the parenthesis
In response to Twinsen99
more("Hello World") is what is written in the button's command parameter. sorry for not making that clear.

I tried replacing the space with an underline but it gives me this error.
Unrecognized or inaccessible verb: more("Hello_World")
In response to Redslash
It is because, the button thinks that the command is more(), but the command is more. Change the contents to 'more "Hello World"' without '. Will work
In response to Twinsen99
Nope, the didn't work. It may be how I'm doing the verb. I'm just going to do this whole thing a different way. Thanks for the help though!

Actually.. I did it this way to avoid a different problem. Think you would want to help me with that? It's also on buttons.
In response to Redslash
How do you have a proc or verb to wait until the player presses an interface button? The only way to do this that I can think of would be to have a while loop constantly check for a variable and then have the button change that variable though a verb. This would really not work for what I want, but if it comes down to it I guess I could do this.
In response to Redslash
But like I told you it works! I tried, and it worked! I'm going to send you a picture:
<http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1074/ausasjua.png
Where more is the name of verb, and the "Hello World" is the argument of more.

Ps.: It will work only if the code of 'more' is like it:
mob/verb/more(message as text)
usr << "[message]" //where user is the target of message, and you can change
In response to Twinsen99
Weird, I tried and it gave me a strange error. I think it may have been because the verb was being given to the player by a mob next to him.
In response to Redslash
Try to use my code, and if it works, modify my code...