ID:132707

It would be nice if we had some area where our pager messages were logged? I haven't investigated much into looking for them in the BYOND folder, so if they do exist please correct me.

Anyhow, this is a useful feature because there are various occasions where I'd missed a pager message and I've had to contact the person, all a very long and annoying process.

As an extra, maybe the logs could identify messages read/unread?

Bump?
Haywire wrote:
It would be nice if we had some area where our pager messages were logged? I haven't investigated much into looking for them in the BYOND folder, so if they do exist please correct me.

Anyhow, this is a useful feature because there are various occasions where I'd missed a pager message and I've had to contact the person, all a very long and annoying process.

Yeah, it's one of the more annoying things about the system. However, the good news is that we have implemented an alternate system that keeps messages logged for much longer and even displays them between sessions so you can always see your last conversation history. This was implemented a while back and scrapped at the time due to some consistency issues, but the plan is to get it up & running sometime in the near future. The cool thing is it works from the website too.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Haywire wrote:

Yeah, it's one of the more annoying things about the system. However, the good news is that we have implemented alternate system that keeps messages logged for much longer and even displays them between sessions so you can always see your last conversation history. This was implemented a while back and scrapped at the time due to some consistency issues, but the plan is to get it up & running sometime in the near future. The cool thing is it works from the website too.

Well I'm hoping to see it and thank you for replying :)
In response to Haywire
For the time being you can right-click the output on the pager and use the log option, this will log pager output in a similar fashion as logging game output.